2021+ Gen 3 Raptor OFFICIAL Eibach Spring Kits Now Available!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GT3_Bill

Reaction score
Semi-related question here. Has anyone compared the 35 and 37 shocks side by side? It seems like the reduced travel on the 37 may be attributed just to a taller bump stop, not a completely different shock with reduced travel.

Since the 35 trucks seem to fit 37s with no problem, it seems to reason one could change the bumps and gain back the lost travel.

OP
OP
NEOGARAGE

NEOGARAGE

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Semi-related question here. Has anyone compared the 35 and 37 shocks side by side? It seems like the reduced travel on the 37 may be attributed just to a taller bump stop, not a completely different shock with reduced travel.

Since the 35 trucks seem to fit 37s with no problem, it seems to reason one could change the bumps and gain back the lost travel.
Shocks externally are the same, but the 37PP trucks have a spacer internally to limit travel

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, here is a new one from this weekend.
Looks good. I installed
Shocks externally are the same, but the 37PP trucks have a spacer internally to limit travel
That and they have 1" as opposed to 7/8" shock shafts on the 35" trucks. Not sure why they deemed that necessary to do, but they did. Hell Even the Race Series coiloves have 7/8" shafts.

Slaptor911

Reaction score
Correct...Almost. Although the 37PP front shocks have 1" shafts vs 7/8 on the 35", and a slightly different spring perch position. Not that big of a deal, however the 37PP shock is valved slightly different and runs its own algorithm that is different from the 35".

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correct...Almost. Although the 37PP front shocks have 1" shafts vs 7/8 on the 35", and a slightly different spring perch position. Not that big of a deal, however the 37PP shock is valved slightly different and runs its own algorithm that is different from the 35".
Different perch position, as in, providing a smidge more lift? Would installing a set of 37" struts be plug n play on a 35" truck?

Slaptor911

Reaction score
Different perch position, as in, providing a smidge more lift? Would installing a set of 37" struts be plug n play on a 35" truck?
Correct, the 37 sits about .25" taller. And despite what people will say, it is not plug and play. Will it plug in, yes. Will it work, the shocks will move, but you may get a ride light. The vehicles are set up with different algorithms, and the Live Valve and truck sensors sending info back to the computer are not equal.

It's really as much info as I can give. Sorry to be vague but OE specs are very protected.

pnwobrigade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correct, the 37 sits about .25" taller. And despite what people will say, it is not plug and play. Will it plug in, yes. Will it work, the shocks will move, but you may get a ride light. The vehicles are set up with different algorithms, and the Live Valve and truck sensors sending info back to the computer are not equal.

It's really as much info as I can give. Sorry to be vague but OE specs are very protected.
Interesting, so all things being equal the 37pp only sits 1/4" higher than a 35 in the front? The net from 1in Eibachs then is 3/4" (for 35 truck) which is close to equaling out what the 37pp bumpstops limit.

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting, so all things being equal the 37pp only sits 1/4" higher than a 35 in the front? The net from 1in Eibachs then is 3/4" (for 35 truck) which is close to equaling out what the 37pp bumpstops limit.
I have Eibach 1.0" springs on my truck and they gave me exactly 1.0". My truck is a 35".

pnwobrigade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have Eibach 1.0" springs on my truck and they gave me exactly 1.0". My truck is a 35".
I meant that if you put 1.0" Eibachs on a 35 truck this would effectively be 3/4" higher than a 37pp assuming they are starting 1/4" taller from the start. Mainly, getting at what is the minimum level requirements to gain proper clearance/travel for 37's and it seems the 1.0" Eibachs are about the best option.

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I meant that if you put 1.0" Eibachs on a 35 truck this would effectively be 3/4" higher than a 37pp assuming they are starting 1/4" taller from the start. Mainly, getting at what is the minimum level requirements to gain proper clearance/travel for 37's and it seems the 1.0" Eibachs are about the best option.

They are the best option, other than a set of Fox Race Series Coilovers which would not maximize travel and the bolts that hold them to the strut tower are 1/16" too small for the holes on the new Gen3