2021 Ford F-150 Raptor order guide confirms 3.5L EcoBoost V6 as base engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It is entirely possible that they the decision to do a V8 has been made, but is not yet ready for production...considering V8 option might not have been on the table at all prior to the TRX announcement.

I'm going to be disappointed if one of the two options isn't powerboost. I realize that the v6 ecoboost in the Raptor alone will still have more HP than any other F150 trim/model, but it steal seems disappointing that there are f150 trims that can do things that the Raptor can't (outside of towing/hauling and massaging your butt).

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
While it would be somewhat boring to only see a 3.5 engine. I would have to think Ford has to get it to 500HP at the very least and increase the torque. Still would this make it the best performing F-150? Does a 3.5 base motor mean no PB or might it be? Unless Ford wants to keep pricing down on this model and jack up the V8 version.

I think the Gen 3 needs to be a bit different to sell and make Gen 2 owners buy into the Gen 3. In this day and age you can’t take a break with competition all over you.

Good thing we will know soon.

Raptor R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why would the leak from Car and Driver happen making mentioning of the V8 option and then that not actually be an option??? Makes no sense. I think there will be at least 2 engine options. Fingers crossed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We can hope. If Ford tries to have a big release with the same old engine, it will be an epic fail.

JefferyGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bring it!
The 3.5 TT Six is a fantastic powerplant.

No shame at all. Gen3 Raptor will be great.

May open the door for some factory go fast goodies for the Gen2 as well.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Bring it!
The 3.5 TT Six is a fantastic powerplant.

No shame at all. Gen3 Raptor will be great.

May open the door for some factory go fast goodies for the Gen2 as well.

No knocks on the 3.5TT and if you want to keep range, this power plant or a hybrid will give you that. The V8? An animal and a powerhouse option. But will it deliver in other ways Raptors have.

I just think if they offer the 3.5TT non PB as at least the base option, it will have to come with more power than its predecessor. If we look at years past it was about a 50HP increase but a major boost in TQ. I am sure can make the power increase in the 3.5TT and it won’t be a flop. It has to deliver more output than the other F-150’s except maybe the hybrid or it would be a something of a fail to start.

Aurik

Reaction score
I spoke with a dealer today who seems to be in the know, and he suggests that the Raptor will be launched as a 2022 model with the HO ecoboost V6, but the supercharged V8 should be announced in 2022 as a 2023 model.

Spowers723

Reaction score
That sounds like a bad strategy. I would think they would cannabilize some sales by teasing the v8 until 2022. I get it not everyone wants it but there are plenty of people who would put off upgrading until the v8 comes out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk