2021 Ford F-150 Raptor order guide confirms 3.5L EcoBoost V6 as base engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That sounds like a bad strategy. I would think they would cannabilize some sales by teasing the v8 until 2022. I get it not everyone wants it but there are plenty of people who would put off upgrading until the v8 comes out

As long as they put off upgrading to the TRX, it's all good.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That sounds like a bad strategy. I would think they would cannabilize some sales by teasing the v8 until 2022. I get it not everyone wants it but there are plenty of people who would put off upgrading until the v8 comes out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly as I would have said!!!! This sounds like a bad sales model for Ford with the Raptor. So many will wait until the V8 is released before buying the base even if they know they can’t afford it or maybe don’t even want it. But why buy until you get to see what this model is about. A year isn’t long.

Most manufacturers release the high end first today and gather those sales. Mind you Corvette, Camaro, Mustang does not produce the high end models first. But those super cars like Z06, ZR1, ZL1, GT500 do not sell in major quantity to begin with.

This whole thing is really sounding weird. Now I’m thinking the Raptor is going to come out with a 650HP GT motor and electric front drive and just look at the TRX while still weighing less and say let’s rock LOL

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
B&O Unleashed huh. We got the leashed version obviously. No magnetic or avalanche grays.

06viper

Reaction score
If Ford does make the V8 for the Gen 3 raptor, it will probably be one of the last new production vehicles in the world with a V8. Pretty sad to think, With the democrats controlling all aspects of government now, they seem to think vehicles can run on fairy dust and not gas. V8's and pretty much all ICE engines are on their last leg unfortunately.

W1N

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly as I would have said!!!! This sounds like a bad sales model for Ford with the Raptor. So many will wait until the V8 is released before buying the base even if they know they can’t afford it or maybe don’t even want it. But why buy until you get to see what this model is about. A year isn’t long.

Most manufacturers release the high end first today and gather those sales. Mind you Corvette, Camaro, Mustang does not produce the high end models first. But those super cars like Z06, ZR1, ZL1, GT500 do not sell in major quantity to begin with.

This whole thing is really sounding weird. Now I’m thinking the Raptor is going to come out with a 650HP GT motor and electric front drive and just look at the TRX while still weighing less and say let’s rock LOL

This is exactly what Ford should do. Kick TRX in the nuts by making HO V8 that with the electric motor pushes out 800hp easily. Would love that for sure.

I have the hybrid Range Rover and "downgrading" from V8 to 2.0 Hybrid was perfect. Sure no V8 sound, but more than 400hp and agility and acceleration close to the V8. It was an easy choice to drop the V8 as my wife drives the RR and I'm tired to gas it up every week when we pay close to $10 gallon.