2021 Ford F-150 Raptor order guide confirms 3.5L EcoBoost V6 as base engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the link. Would love a SuperCab version of the "R" but just don't see that happening. Hope it's not $85k, but that might not be to far off.

Both the Raptor Rs have been SCABs, so to not offer it would be heretical, IMO. Personally, I'd get a great laugh out of the R being ONLY SCAB, forcing those that want a V8 to choose between it or 4 doors. I doubt Ford will do that tho, sadly.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I think the good news for ’21 MY buyers: No Effin’ way they’re going to be able to get ADM with TRX out there. None.

Once trucks start arriving in showrooms, they should stack up pretty quick, resulting in deals to be made.

jeanco

2019 scab=gone,24 AMB 801A
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Both the Raptor Rs have been SCABs, so to not offer it would be heretical, IMO. Personally, I'd get a great laugh out of the R being ONLY SCAB, forcing those that want a V8 to choose between it or 4 doors. I doubt Ford will do that tho, sadly.

yep,think Scab is past!

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
LOL its funny how tons of people on this forum over the last couple years have been dogging on the V6 from the Gen 2. "It doesn't sound good, it has too many problems, it isn't reliable, V8 or nothing else" nothing but complaining and complaining. Now Ford is giving the people what they wanted, a supercharged V8 making north of 700hp. Any what do people do in return? Continue to complain! "MPG won't be as good as the V6, its too much power, who needs 700hp, not worth the extra money, its too heavy." My goodness how unhappy with your lives are you people? All you do is complain, Ford gives you what you want and it still isn't good enough. LOL!!!
dying at this haha but yes it may not be the same people. im happy with my EB, but would be nice to get a gen3 tune on it and exhaust. littel more tq and throttle response would be great

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think a multi engine option is a checkmate from a marketing standpoint. This allows people to get into a real raptor at a much lower cost compared to a trx. That means most of the raptor goodies instead of poser truck with big tires and stickers, cough rebel.

Not everyone has unlimited money to burn and many of the people who daily their raptor want more than single digit fuel mileage. This is the point where people usually say “if you can afford a raptor, you can afford to fuel it. Not true, a lot of people who bought raptors did so with a minimum down payment to the tune of $1000-$1200 monthly payments.

With our new administration there is a war on oil coming and $5 a gallon gas is a real possibility. Now pair that daily driving with a raptor r and you can expect to spend $1000 a month just to feed it. That is on top of the $20k price increase for the v8 over the v6 and it makes even more sense.

It seems like ram is going to build the trx with no limit to anyone who will buy it. That leads to 2 main concerns with the gen 3 with 2 engines.

1. ford playing the ridiculous allocation game with the v8 raptor like they have with the Shelby 350/500.

2. if 1 is true it will lead to outrageous dealer markups any only those with the deepest pockets will be able to afford it despite ford claiming how competitive the pricing is.

on a side not, not everyone loathes the v6 and i would expect a slight power bump for the new gen. however the new f150s have a new egr system that they didnt have last gen.

great response to this entire thread.
I myself do like how the gen3 ecoboost should be more affordable than the TRX. more affordable in sticker price and in fuel costs. many people like myself daily their trucks and the ecoboost allows us to do that. A fully loaded trx is up in the 90k range where a fully loaded gen2 is 75k. gen 3 most likely 80 ( im not including graphics in the prices ).
so you pay about 15 k for a big heavy v8 in the trx. could be worth the extra cost if you have the money, but itll be nice to be able to choose.

Ive driven one a few times on the street, not offroad yet. I can say the truck is very nice and a fun as hell vehicle (esp laundh control) But i dont feel the burning desire that i NEED to have it like i did when i was about to buy a gen2. I still wonder how the Gen 3 will make me feel when i get my hands on one. also his MPG is avg 9.5 in 4000 miles according to his computer