2021 F150 Raptor Online Build Tool.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Just___Rel

Reaction score
I have a feeling they don't want to take away any spot light from their new Flag Ship truck the Lightning, so anything Raptor might just be silently updated. ?
It is confusing. I would expect this for the R at least. I mean all the other f150s are out and produced. From a manufacturing and marketing perspective which I HAVE 0 experience in.

Seems like you secure your buyers before end of year and make them all 2022. Even if they let off a few hundred before November.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For me its not the B&P that I'm worried about. But when the B&P tool is up, it will signify another step forward.

No Jab at Ford here, but Tesla Plaid models and Porsche GT Cars (two opposite but anticipated ends of the spectrum I know) released very close to schedule with what was expected and they were Big Model Refreshes.

The tool isn't a step at all. The date when dealer's can take orders is not impacted by the B&P tool release. Seriously if the tool never goes up, it's not like dealers aren't going to easily sell every allocation they have.

You can even make an argument that the tool going up could be a sign that there are delays. A marketing ploy designed to keep people interested for longer. I don't think that's the case though. I don't even think Ford thinks much of the build/price tool for the Raptor as it won't impact sales this year. They are just doing it to be consistent with the other vehicles that do need it.

OP
OP
MarkM98

MarkM98

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The tool isn't a step at all. The date when dealer's can take orders is not impacted by the B&P tool release. Seriously if the tool never goes up, it's not like dealers aren't going to easily sell every allocation they have.

You can even make an argument that the tool going up could be a sign that there are delays. A marketing ploy designed to keep people interested for longer. I don't think that's the case though. I don't even think Ford thinks much of the build/price tool for the Raptor as it won't impact sales this year. They are just doing it to be consistent with the other vehicles that do need it.
Like F-150 Tremor? Thats a new trim level. Thats not up either.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford must have a bunch of noobs working in the Web Dev/Marketing Department.
Let's put it this way. Hotshot software guys graduating from college can try to work for the next Microsoft or Google or they can go to work for Ford and make less per year. These are not stupid people ...

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Let's put it this way. Hotshot software guys graduating from college can try to work for the next Microsoft or Google or they can go to work for Ford and make less per year. These are not stupid people ...

That's just silly. Suggesting that any IT professional that doesn't work for big tech is inferior by default is just nonsense. Besides, updating the tool with a new vehicle surely isn't rocket science. The tool is already built, and probably only requires some XML files and jpgs to update for a new vehicle. I would bet that any delays, if there are delays, is either pushed by management or the marketing team doesn't have the material ready yet.

gobluejd

HAIL!!!
Reaction score
That's just silly. Suggesting that any IT professional that doesn't work for big tech is inferior by default is just nonsense. Besides, updating the tool with a new vehicle surely isn't rocket science. The tool is already built, and probably only requires some XML files and jpgs to update for a new vehicle. I would bet that any delays, if there are delays, is either pushed by management or the marketing team doesn't have the material ready yet.
Exactly. It was probably done months ago with a few edits here and there. It amazes me how people around here think Ford is being amateurish. I mean we are all here for a rumored date. Ford knows WTF they are doing, just because your salty for it not going how you wanted, they crap all over Ford. I am confident that orders will go forward. Right now, custom orders are what are getting built. Ford is staggering production shifts. They know what is coming in terms of chips and other back ordered items. We may not get right away, but they are on track.

gobluejd

HAIL!!!
Reaction score
I'd also be willing to bet, when we can order, if I order a Raptor, and my neighbor orders a F150, I'd probably get the Raptor before him.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's just silly. Suggesting that any IT professional that doesn't work for big tech is inferior by default is just nonsense.
If you say so. I worked in the tech industry. I knew lots of really good technical people. None of them wanted to work for an old-line manufacturer. Even HP, which was still near the top of the heap back in the '80s, couldn't keep good people. I'm actually one of those former HP employees who jumped ship and made good. I can promise you that not one of us ever considered moving to the Midwest to work for a car manufacturer as anything other than clocking out for the rest of our career. I'm not saying that Ford doesn't have some good people. They do. But I'll bet that they don't have any of the real hotshots.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you say so. I worked in the tech industry. I knew lots of really good technical people. None of them wanted to work for an old-line manufacturer. Even HP, which was still near the top of the heap back in the '80s, couldn't keep good people. I'm actually one of those former HP employees who jumped ship and made good. I can promise you that not one of us ever considered moving to the Midwest to work for a car manufacturer as anything other than clocking out for the rest of our career. I'm not saying that Ford doesn't have some good people. They do. But I'll bet that they don't have any of the real hotshots.

I work in IT. I suppose it depends on which department you work for, but I've seen plenty of incompetence in big tech and work with some rather smart people who find a nice home elsewhere. And we're talking about a web page here, not rocket science. No hotshots required...whatever that means.