2021 F150 Raptor Online Build Tool.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chainsaw

Ghost of a Raptor Owner
Reaction score
No where near soon. They are releasing the Lightning this month...to stomp on Tesla.

I don't think Tesla is very worried about Ford stomping on anything. It's just an announcement. The actual production vehicle won't arrive until 2022 (doubtful) or 2023.

I wonder what the market will be like for the new Lightning. Most people who are super into EVs are effeminate weenies who don't care about speed or performance.

And the people who would be interested in the Lightning based on its namesake probably won't care for a truck that is all Lightning... without the thunder.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't think Tesla is very worried about Ford stomping on anything. It's just an announcement. The actual production vehicle won't arrive until 2022 (doubtful) or 2023.

I wonder what the market will be like for the new Lightning. Most people who are super into EVs are effeminate weenies who don't care about speed or performance.

And the people who would be interested in the Lightning based on its namesake probably won't care for a truck that is all Lightning... without the thunder.
The look of the Cybertruck requires a weird taste in vehicles.
If Ford builds a 3 motor electric pickup, they will sell faster than they get wrapped around telephone poles.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Tesla isn't worried because it's a growing market and there'll be plenty of room for everyone. I don't think Ford is even really worried about Tesla, they just don't want to be scrambling playing catchup 4-5 years from now when they do need to start worrying.

You do realize that Teslas have good speed and performance, right? What they lack is utility and range, among other things. While many of the customers may be effeminate weenies, the market won't be staying in that demographic forever. it takes time for change, but it will change, assuming the battery market doesn't fall apart and all that.

Not sure. If the truck is fast and can get you to work, starbucks, the grocery store and home depot...it might appeal to a lot of folks. It won't work for a work truck (maybe), hauling anything, or road trip though.

Chainsaw

Ghost of a Raptor Owner
Reaction score
You do realize that Teslas have good speed and performance, right? What they lack is utility and range, among other things. While many of the customers may be effeminate weenies, the market won't be staying in that demographic forever. it takes time for change, but it will change, assuming the battery market doesn't fall apart and all that.

Yes, I am aware of how fast they are. My point was that speed (acceleration) is not a critical consideration for those buying EVs.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes, I am aware of how fast they are. My point was that speed (acceleration) is not a critical consideration for those buying EVs.

I don't think that's true at all. Heck the very reason Tesla is doing well and previous generations of EVs did not is because the previous generations did not have good performance. Clearly it's not the only success factor for Tesla but it's one of the reasons.

Look at it this way, if Tesla wasn't selling based on performance, then luxury/performance brands wouldn't be coming out with their own EV models. Ford would be making a Fusion Mach E instead of a Mustang Mach E.

Fuzzy88

Reaction score
I just checked to see if the build tool has been updated on ford.com for Tremor and Raptor and its not yet. Hopefully today?

I was still able to build a 2020 Raptor last night... just for fun of course.
I have not been able to build a 2020 from the ford.com page for at least a couple weeks. If I google "Ford Raptor Build" and click on one of the links there, I can then get to the page where I can build a 2020 which is strange. I agree that the build and price is at least a step in the right direction. All I want to see is exactly how much the 2021 is going to cost me so I can figure out my monthly payment. I've seen the price list floating around online and I don't know about everyone else, but some of the numbers don't make sense to me. Maybe I'm missing something. I understand that the 802A Luxury package for the 2020 is now called the 801A on the 2021. The 802A Luxury package gave you just about everything with the exception of the moon roof, decals, carbon fiber and forged rims if I'm correct. The 802A Luxury package was $10,920 for the 2020. How is the new 801A package on the 2021 $6,150? All the pricing for the decals, forged rims and carbon fiber are on the new list as well as a "Bundle Package", "Convenience Package" and "Power Tech Package" but the main 801A is far less than the previous 802A from the 2020. All those packages plus the 801A at $6,150 add up to $9,635. Like I said, maybe I'm missing something. I'm first in line at two different dealerships and they know about as much as everyone on this forum if not less. Some of the dealerships I previously called had no clue what I was even talking about when it came to the Raptor. I've been ready to order a 2021 for quite a few months now and this crap with the HP numbers not being released, when the order books will open, possible delivery date is just stupid. It's been pushed back so many times, no one knows a damn thing. What the hell are they doing over there?

Token

Reaction score
You wouldn't need the Bundled or Convenience packages with the 801A, as it's included. The Power Tech is a standalone that can be included with the pheasant package 800a or added onto the 801/37 package. Now, instead of the 802, the 37 package in addition to the required 801 is going to be the top dog. Just think of the new 37 as the old 802a w/beadlocks and stickers - full send package.

And for your monthly payment calculation, just google search loan calculator and start with a fully loaded truck of 84K plus TTL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free