2020 Raptor stolen in Montreal this past weekend

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the theft. Good thing no one was hurt. I just went through the same heartache, but they were able to catch the thieves ~5hrs after they did the master reset. Got extremely lucky. As an FYI, in addition to using the COBB anti-theft flash, I put this in the replacement Raptor....... https://www.lonestartracking.com/tr...attery-powered-gps-tracking-device-5g-cat-m1/ It's only activated when the truck moves (or once a day when stationary), so I don't think someone would be able to find the signal while the truck is at rest? Regardless, someone will have to try REALLY hard to find it, and even harder to remove it. That said, the cobb anti theft tune is also a handy tool when i park at the airport or anywhere my "Spidey Senses" are activated; the flash & re-flash doesn't take that long. Gotta walk away with the Accessport in your pocket or backpack, though.

I hope that you get the best outcome with insurance. Good luck!
Some real good advice here. I contacted Cobb about the anti-theft map and they said it should be used sparingly.

I won't park at the airport anymore. Limo is not that bad and don't have to worry at all.

OP
OP
Jwod1993

Jwod1993

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the theft. Good thing no one was hurt. I just went through the same heartache, but they were able to catch the thieves ~5hrs after they did the master reset. Got extremely lucky. As an FYI, in addition to using the COBB anti-theft flash, I put this in the replacement Raptor....... https://www.lonestartracking.com/tr...attery-powered-gps-tracking-device-5g-cat-m1/ It's only activated when the truck moves (or once a day when stationary), so I don't think someone would be able to find the signal while the truck is at rest? Regardless, someone will have to try REALLY hard to find it, and even harder to remove it. That said, the cobb anti theft tune is also a handy tool when i park at the airport or anywhere my "Spidey Senses" are activated; the flash & re-flash doesn't take that long. Gotta walk away with the Accessport in your pocket or backpack, though.

I hope that you get the best outcome with insurance. Good luck!
This really seems like the way to go.... what exactly does the anti-theft tune do to prevent/restrict theft? I have an SCT access port that I use for tuning my mustang, its so quick and easy to use.

Sidetrack

Reaction score
This really seems like the way to go.... what exactly does the anti-theft tune do to prevent/restrict theft? I have an SCT access port that I use for tuning my mustang, its so quick and easy to use.
The truck won't start at all. You can power up the electronics with the key fob, but even with the key, the truck is dead in the water.

Last edited:

Sidetrack

Reaction score
Some real good advice here. I contacted Cobb about the anti-theft map and they said it should be used sparingly.

I won't park at the airport anymore. Limo is not that bad and don't have to worry at all.
I've only used the anti-theft map three times in the last three months, but it's good to know that COBB recommended using it sparingly. Out of curiousity, did they give you more details as to why?

The real solution is to just pay the money to have a Ravelco installed. I've been dragging my feet since i'm fairly hooked up with work, but I just need to get it done. The truck is dead in the water without their "key" and you don't have to re-flash. Another fixed measure to guarantee that someone will really have to try hard to drive away. Still won't prevent someone from quickly reeling it up into an enclosed trailer or truck bed, but i'm unsure how prevalent that type of theft really is?

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've only used the anti-theft map three times in the last three months, but it's good to know that COBB recommended using it sparingly. Out of curiousity, did they give you more details as to why?

The real solution is to just pay the money to have a Ravelco installed. I've been dragging my feet since i'm fairly hooked up with work, but I just need to get it done. The truck is dead in the water without their "key" and you don't have to re-flash. Another fixed measure to guarantee that someone will really have to try hard to drive away. Still won't prevent someone from quickly reeling it up into an enclosed trailer or truck bed, but i'm unsure how prevalent that type of theft really is?

From what I remember is that the ecu could be bricked permanently if the anti theft map was used regularly. A couple times a year won’t be bad.

I got Ravelco and I like it. I like that my install in visible too. Not a perfect solution but the best IMO.

IMG_4218.jpegIMG_4320.jpeg

This is an AirTag sleeve with a sticky back.

IMG_4366.jpeg

OKflyswatter

Reaction score
Good call.... updated my post
Sorry to revive an old thread and the painful memories, but I was wondering if you ever got any GPS pings or electronic notifications from your truck or your app? I've always loved the idea of a kill switch and was looking into ideas and came across this thread. There are always shady people around my jobs' parking lots, you can never be too careful unfortunately.

OP
OP
Jwod1993

Jwod1993

Reaction score
Sorry to revive an old thread and the painful memories, but I was wondering if you ever got any GPS pings or electronic notifications from your truck or your app? I've always loved the idea of a kill switch and was looking into ideas and came across this thread. There are always shady people around my jobs' parking lots, you can never be too careful unfortunately.
No worries - I was able to replace it with a 2023 so things ended up working out.

I never got any pings from the app. In fact my app still says that the truck is in that parking lot to this day. They were able to clone my fob frequency, so the truck thought that the thieves were me, so no notification.

I am currently looking into ravelco for the new truck, but still haven’t pulled the trigger