2019 USB Accent Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
FYI

SSM 48462 - 2019-2020 Mustang/F-150, 2020 Transit - USB Ports No Longer Illuminated
2019-2020 Mustang/F-150 and 2020 Transit vehicles no longer have illumination around the USB ports within the media hub. The lack of illumination around the USB ports is not a defect or fault and the replacement of any parts would not be considered a warrantable repair. Do not submit a claim for this condition.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yup, we found this out months back it seems. I guess early 19’s must have received the illuminated ports still left over in the assembly bins. As some early 19 owners claim illumination. Same as for not being able to change the interior color of the lighting.

Can’t complain, We got the measurements and custom gauges in the dash.

CHMP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, we found this out months back it seems. I guess early 19’s must have received the illuminated ports still left over in the assembly bins. As some early 19 owners claim illumination. Same as for not being able to change the interior color of the lighting.

Can’t complain, We got the measurements and custom gauges in the dash.

Yep. I might even have to give Ford a pass for me having to replace the USB port to get them lights. It gave me an afternoon coffee project and made me realize how important proper body panel tools are to have on hand.

codeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone able to find a source for these anymore? Not available on Amazon any longer ... damn

codeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do see that, but can't find the USB C version. I guess these ones here like the eBay port retinas the blue glow?

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I do see that, but can't find the USB C version. I guess these ones here like the eBay port retinas the blue glow?

So you want the combo with USB-C? Didn’t realize. Can’t imagine they would be hard to find still.

The 19’s and 20’s ports don’t glow. Maybe if you got an earlier ‘19 they still did.

codeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you want the combo with USB-C? Didn’t realize. Can’t imagine they would be hard to find still.

The 19’s and 20’s ports don’t glow. Maybe if you got an earlier ‘19 they still did.

Searched high and low, nobody seems to have any stock of the darn things strangely. If I find any in stock and available I’ll post back here

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
Yeah that's weird. I doubt the cost difference is really anything. I'll just convince myself I was imagining these things being lighted LOL. It's no fun getting older.

I'm positive mine lit up too in my 19' but when my sync was updated to 3.3 they didn't anymore.

Mine was an early build 1/22/19

Last edited:

toxwaste

Reaction score
For anyone looking to replace the 2 USB interface module with a single USB and USB C:
Part # is ML3Z19A387E

Last edited: