so visionx sent me a big box full of some lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WReX24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1312040407271.jpg

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
what are your thoughts on these vs the hids? was the decision based on price, or the covers, or both, or some other factor? what do these offer that the hid don't and vice versa?

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks Huck, fair enough, and transversely, or do you not really see another side?

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Other then that your 6 of one half dozen of the other. LEDs are more expensive. The lack of heat is a plus and a curse in snowy / cold weather conditions.

They each have their place. LEDs also have no ballasts to mount and locate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Westside Offroad Group

Westside Offroad Group

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Went LED because I wanted instant on/off, no external ballasts to deal with, and because the cannons shoot further than a comparable 8"+ VisionX 50w HID. I really think LED is the wave of the future and wanted that.

I don't plan on ever seeing snow/cold weather where I'll have to rely on the heat of the light to melt away snow accumulation, so that wasn't a factor for me.

I'm impressed with these lights!

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses, I'm not familiar with lighting and am trying to pick up a thing or two. What is the external ballast that you're talking about? So you could see the heat of an HID as a plus in cold weather and the lack of heat in an LED as a plus in warmer weather.

Blind1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses, I'm not familiar with lighting and am trying to pick up a thing or two. What is the external ballast that you're talking about? So you could see the heat of an HID as a plus in cold weather and the lack of heat in an LED as a plus in warmer weather.

I would hod off for another week, I'm sure Bieb will get tired of this set up and sell them cheap. He goes through lights like I go through underwear.

Last edited: