2019 USB Accent Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had the same feeling about my 19, that originally the part around both USB ports lit up blue but then stopped. After doing some research here it turns out that Ford did away with the USB light in the hub on 19+ raptors. I ended up swapping the whole hub out for this:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081YX5237/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

It lights up which is sweet, and the USB-C connection is great since I have a Pixel.

How hard is the install?

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
my early 19 build light up, but not with accent lighting or headlights. often they take a minute to light after starting as I believe they light when powered up

CHMP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How hard is the install?

Really easy. The replacement insert comes with proper body trim removal tools. There is a clip on the top and bottom you need to press in. Just apply some pressure with the plastic trim tool while pulling on the USB insert and you'll get it to release.

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Really easy. The replacement insert comes with proper body trim removal tools. There is a clip on the top and bottom you need to press in. Just apply some pressure with the plastic trim tool while pulling on the USB insert and you'll get it to release.

Got it! Any pics of it installed?

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
Around 1-14-19 I guess. That's the Date under the MSRP and there are a lot of dates on the Window Sticker, however, I've read that you actually have to have a dealer go into oasis to find out the actual build Date.

Edit:

I checked this morning and my USB accent lights weren't lit up but could have swore they use to light up.

I'm wondering if the Sync 3 update had anything to do with it but I really doubt that it would affect accent lights.

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Edit:

I checked this morning and my USB accent lights weren't lit up but could have swore they use to light up.

I'm wondering if the Sync 3 update had anything to do with it but I really doubt that it would affect accent lights.

SYNC update could have, if the newer build trucks dont have the option, its possible they just dropped the code/functionality from the Sync software itself since the newer trucks don't have the hardware anymor . Just guessing a possible scenario.

Stratia69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2019 and mine light up. I had the same issue, shortly after the light issue it would intermittently lose connection with my phone plugged in. Dealer replaced mine under warranty and has worked perfect since.