2019 F150 Raptor irregular steering, wandering, constant correction

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They do not move when tapping with a hammer. Tried this a few days back.

Valid question. I have tried driving in 4a and surprisingly it does help a bit. The truck will track a bit straighter. But when you accelerate hard you can feel the pull in the front wheels. The only way I could get my tandem axle trailer with SxS out to my hunting property was to drive in 4A with sport steering. 2A it was impossible to drive over 50mph.

In 2wd I have not noticed the pulling upon acceleration. I have tried driving with cruise control and without. No difference.

Sounds a bit exaggerated when I type this out. But the truck is a safety concern. At highway speeds TX we have 75MPH roads it is all over the place. Left, right, left, right.

First time I've ever heard of someone saying that it drives straighter in 4A... it's time to get another dealer or a frame shop involved..

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
If I was in your shoes, and the other things mentioned don't pan out, I would start adding toe-in to the front tires and see if it helps. Write down how many turns you do so you can put it back if it doesn't help.

Then do the chalk tape measure thing and see what measurements you come up with.

roush_14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need a good scan tool to monitor the data. Any competent repair shop should have one. You probably have already had done , but front and rear suspension should be checked out very well. Just because it has no accident history, does not mean damage could not have occured before you bought it. Not all accidents or damages end up on reports.

Last edited:

kocher93

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Different Generation, but I had a somewhat similar issue on my truck. Ended up being the inner tie rod delrin was messed up and was allowing a little slop.
I found by accident going from a trail to road to trail when I left the truck in 4h and it actually felt better. I always figured it maybe torqued or preloaded some slop out of it, but who knows.
I had the truck aligned while the symptoms weren't crazy evident and no one picked up on it. I jacked the truck up and it was subtle enough to where I wrote it off as tire sidewall play while pushing it back and forth.
It eventually turned into insane play, but once I replaced the inner tie rods (went to heims) my truck drove straight again. It got to the point where the tire has a solid 3/4" of play.
Figure it's something pretty easy to check if you have a jack.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah, if you were in the Houston area would be interesting to take for a spin. Not sure if anyone has mentioned hub bearings. I had a vehicle where one of those got sloppy and it did have some unusual behavior. With all your investigation I’m sure that would have been noticed though, easiest thing in the world to diagnose.