2019 F150 Raptor irregular steering, wandering, constant correction

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Were the alignments all done at the same shop? Maybe their machine is outta whack. You can post up the printout from the last alignment. Wouldn't hurt.

OP
OP
MPS-Raptor

MPS-Raptor

Reaction score
Were the alignments all done at the same shop? Maybe their machine is outta whack. You can post up the printout from the last alignment. Wouldn't hurt.
3 different shops and 4 alignments. I’ll see if I can find the latest one.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
One other thing worth mentioning, maybe. There was some guy on youtube that went running through the desert with a death grip on the steering wheel and I believe ended up wallering out the hole where the steering wheel goes onto the steering shaft. Maybe he was the previous owner? lol

OP
OP
MPS-Raptor

MPS-Raptor

Reaction score
One other thing worth mentioning, maybe. There was some guy on youtube that went running through the desert with a death grip on the steering wheel and I believe ended up wallering out the hole where the steering wheel goes onto the steering shaft. Maybe he was the previous owner? lol
I did see this video
Checked the steering wheel when they did my shock rebuilt and the nut was tight with no play. I’ve been desperate. Trying to find a fix because without a fix I can’t keep the truck.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes that's what I'm getting at.. my truck had a loose ubolt in the back and at highway speed if you gently accelerate it would require some steering.. didn't really notice it much around town.. could be a bad leaf spring bushing or loose ubolt

Ubolts stretch with off road use...

did you look at the leaf spring bushings and u-bolts yet?

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
interesting post, your issue sounds about the same as mine, just assumed its a truck thing as the other trucks ive driven do the same, but i do notice it a bit more in this truck. Sport steering helps, but it feels like some days its fine, and some days it really pulls to one side (not the wind).

Thinking it may be a height thing, my lightning has none of this, but both my raptors and my ranger tremor had this, just spitballing

OP
OP
MPS-Raptor

MPS-Raptor

Reaction score
did you look at the leaf spring bushings and u-bolts yet?
Texas MotorWorx checked out the ubolts and leaf spring bushings and did not think either were the issue. How did you determine if the ubolts were loose? Could you visible see movement or torqued on them with a bar?

OP
OP
MPS-Raptor

MPS-Raptor

Reaction score
interesting post, your issue sounds about the same as mine, just assumed its a truck thing as the other trucks ive driven do the same, but i do notice it a bit more in this truck. Sport steering helps, but it feels like some days its fine, and some days it really pulls to one side (not the wind).

Thinking it may be a height thing, my lightning has none of this, but both my raptors and my ranger tremor had this, just spitballing
Sport steering does help a bit. I agree. But will wear your arms out even quicker due to the tightening of the wheel. I also thought it was a height an weight issue. Too high of a truck with too light of a body but after driving a few Raptor with 37 package that tracked perfectly straight I concluded something was wrong with my truck. No way someone would drive my truck all the way across the US. They would dump it half way. The dang uhual truck i rented last year was easier to drive.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Texas MotorWorx checked out the ubolts and leaf spring bushings and did not think either were the issue. How did you determine if the ubolts were loose? Could you visible see movement or torqued on them with a bar?
You could tap the nut on the bottom lightly with a rubber mallet and they'd move around..

Dumb question but you aren't in 4A, right?

The next thing to determine is that it changes with throttle position.. accel/decel gently and see if this causes needed steering input

OP
OP
MPS-Raptor

MPS-Raptor

Reaction score
You could tap the nut on the bottom lightly with a rubber mallet and they'd move around..

Dumb question but you aren't in 4A, right?

The next thing to determine is that it changes with throttle position.. accel/decel gently and see if this causes needed steering input
They do not move when tapping with a hammer. Tried this a few days back.

Valid question. I have tried driving in 4a and surprisingly it does help a bit. The truck will track a bit straighter. But when you accelerate hard you can feel the pull in the front wheels. The only way I could get my tandem axle trailer with SxS out to my hunting property was to drive in 4A with sport steering. 2A it was impossible to drive over 50mph.

In 2wd I have not noticed the pulling upon acceleration. I have tried driving with cruise control and without. No difference.

Sounds a bit exaggerated when I type this out. But the truck is a safety concern. At highway speeds TX we have 75MPH roads it is all over the place. Left, right, left, right.