2019 F150 Raptor Engine Replacement Advise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick_Rptr

Reaction score
I wanted to reach out to you all and get your expertise on what kinda issues I could run into with my Gen 2 Raptor engine being replaced under Ford Warranty. Long story short, my 19 raptor has been diagnosed for oil consumption issue and still isnt resolved after TSB-192232 which are valve cover replacements. Service said usually the long block replacement fixes it. Being that this is a new vehicle (yess I'm very pissed at ford), would I be better off having Ford buyback the vehicle or taking the long block engine replacement route and see if it fixed my oil consumptiom issue. I'm just worried that my truck is being torn down, engine pulled out, and another engine being put it and walking out of there thinking everything is fine.

Let me know yalls thoughts. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
N

Nick_Rptr

Reaction score
Take the buyback
Ya I'm aiming for that but unfortunately it's all on Ford Call. I will hear back on Monday from Servicr Advisor, but if Ford says new engine I have to abide by that until it meets lemons laws.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
meh...they pull the cab off for all kinds of routine maintenance. A new truck with a new long block.....i would have no problem with that.

they have vehicles fail QA at the factory and have new motors put in. usually the consumer never knows.

OP
OP
N

Nick_Rptr

Reaction score
meh...they pull the cab off for all kinds of routine maintenance. A new truck with a new long block.....i would have no problem with that.

they have vehicles fail QA at the factory and have new motors put in. usually the consumer never knows.
Agree. I forgot to also say that dealer #1 I took it to literally did not even try to help. Dealer #2 are way more knowledgable and are a roush certified dealer( helps to know they are competent). They also advise me a new engine wouldnt hurt at all as it's just a new heart, my OCD just will kick in knowing I have a new engine in a new vehicle I bought. Smh this oil Consumption issue has been a mess haha.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
How many miles?
advantage of a new long block - fresh motor. Plus, if you have a powertrain issue again, you would still have lemon law as a back up and you are already most of the way there to satisfying the legal requirements.

Take the long block and have them pony up the ESP.

Buyback could work too and if Ford is willing to do it, just be sure you don’t get the short end of the stick.

OP
OP
N

Nick_Rptr

Reaction score
How many miles?
advantage of a new long block - fresh motor. Plus, if you have a powertrain issue again, you would still have lemon law as a back up and you are already most of the way there to satisfying the legal requirements.

Take the long block and have them pony up the ESP.

Buyback could work too and if Ford is willing to do it, just be sure you don’t get the short end of the stick.
So issue started at 4k miles but I'm at 11k miles at dealer #2. He said usually the long block replaces all issue like this.

Just like you said, even those it sucks getting new engine replaced. It's better and if things do not get resolved afterwards I have the lemon law as a backup. I have been to the dealer 5 times total but in total they tried to fix it only twice, so the engine replacement will be the third time and then one more will be needed to qualify buyback. Praying the long block replacement will fix the issue. [emoji120]

Rednose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was yesterday in my friends truck 2018 that got an engine replacement. After the engine replacement the transmission started acting very weird down shifting banging between 3 to 4. Long story short is need to update your transmission tune after the engine is replaced.

OP
OP
N

Nick_Rptr

Reaction score
I was yesterday in my friends truck 2018 that got an engine replacement. After the engine replacement the transmission started acting very weird down shifting banging between 3 to 4. Long story short is need to update your transmission tune after the engine is replaced.
When you mean transmission tune. Like the learning adaptive needs to be tune. I was thinking of that to tbh. Since it's a new engine the tune will need to make sure the truck shifts right.

Rednose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you mean transmission tune. Like the learning adaptive needs to be tune. I was thinking of that to tbh. Since it's a new engine the tune will need to make sure the truck shifts right.

The Updated tune that the dealer does for the whole truck. In order for this trans to work fine with the old trans tune that was in the Truck.

Going back to my friends truck which is MPT tuned. The trans went crazy on my friend, he emailed MPT to check out the tune and why is the trans acting this way. MPT updated the tune and lowered the shift points and shifting pressure.

That only helped a bit and they advised him to visit the dealer and update the factory tune in order for them to tune the trans properly.