2019 F150 Raptor Engine Replacement Advise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hekster1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What a bummer. I would try everything with Ford to buy back the truck or replace it with a new one... Good luck...

OPT PRIME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Basically the complete block and head(s) assembly, minus all the accessories on the motor (turbos, covers, pan, intake, alternator, etc etc)
And here I was all excited thinking it was a V8 vs a V6....

[emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kuan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fords warranty repairs have got to be affecting the companies bottom line. I am curious what the labor and parts bill would be if not covered under warranty.

It is most definitely hurting them. Their stock has done vastly worse than other manufacturers. This was attributed to much higher than expected warranty costs. They brought Farley up to handle these issues. He told investors to hold until they could present their "get well" plan.

OP
OP
N

Nick_Rptr

Reaction score
My 19’ Had spun bearings at only 3200 miles. Warranty covered the complete long block labor and everything. Took them two weeks to fix it. They had the motor out the 2nd day. But it took a full week to have the new long block shipped from wherever. View attachment 139228
Ohh damn. Please tell me you didnt have anymore issues after the new engine was replaced for your 2019. Also, was the dealer competent enough to take a engine out and replace it? Did ford customer care give you a free 10/100k warranty with it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
N

Nick_Rptr

Reaction score
What a bummer. I would try everything with Ford to buy back the truck or replace it with a new one... Good luck...
Ya it sucks man. I wish they would buy it back. I have lemon law as my backup tbh. Ideally its ford call but once it meets lemon law they have to buy it back.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

hj_s14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh man, I'm on the same boat..yes, my OCD kicks in as well.. So far, I have been to the dealers for these problem :
Oil changed at 2,000 miles due to oil loss and seems like oil consumption.
Oil consumption (replaced valve cover),
Rear shock leaks (replaced new one),
Seats cushion of both passenger and driver came off (dealer sent it to some upholstery shop to fix it as they couldn't even figure out).
Check Engine light on (Dealer stated the TBS of replacing the valve cover didn't work, probably need new engine)

WTF .. The car didn't even pass 6,000 miles. Trust me, I love this rig all the way from look to performance .. but imagine buying a new car and 6 months later ... oh you need to replace the motor. >:

Anyways, good luck with yours, let me know how it turns out. I'm taking mine in as I'm freaking tired of this as it wasted so much of my time

Theshark17

Reaction score
My 17 is at the dealer for the 2nd time for this same issue. 1st time they said it was the valve cover. After a few thousand miles, same issue came up. Now this 2nd time at the dealership they are telling me the oil pan needs to be replaced. Don't know 8f I should believe them or what. The vehicle hasn't even seen dirt yet and it's giving these problems. Beautiful beast of a vehicle but Ford needs to step up their performance.

hj_s14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how does the oil pan involve in oil consumption , but again, I guess they'll just try everything before the expensive solution.

Welcome to the club buddy LOL

My 17 is at the dealer for the 2nd time for this same issue. 1st time they said it was the valve cover. After a few thousand miles, same issue came up. Now this 2nd time at the dealership they are telling me the oil pan needs to be replaced. Don't know 8f I should believe them or what. The vehicle hasn't even seen dirt yet and it's giving these problems. Beautiful beast of a vehicle but Ford needs to step up their performance.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It is most definitely hurting them. Their stock has done vastly worse than other manufacturers. This was attributed to much higher than expected warranty costs. They brought Farley up to handle these issues. He told investors to hold until they could present their "get well" plan.
source?

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You have a 17, hasn't seen dirt yet, had valve covers and oil pan replaced, first post

seems legit