2018 Shelby raptor is it worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIG TIME BALLER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think... since OP is asking for opinions, that most people do not think the Shelby Raptor is “worth” it.

1) It is indeed over the top... kinda like a redneck teenager would build it.

2) And that’s what it is, a build up of aftermarket items that any Joe could add to their truck (Raptor or not). Roush has the exact same thing called the Roush Raptor.

3) The price is way too high... but that’s because the price of the Raptor is way too high, and they had to charge more. Really it’s just different visual styling components, not necessarily better... so why does it cost more?

4) The Shelby name is for Mustangs... not F150s. They might as well have an F150 Cobra, or Shelby Fiesta. There will be no ongoing value in the name.

5) Still no V8... how hard would it have been to put a SC Coyote in there?

SSWIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its all in ones perception. What he or she likes. Coming on here asking this type of question opens the flood gates on opinions. And there are many. That's what is great about options though, there are a bunch out there. One mans treasure would be another's junk. Enjoy what ya got and be proud of it.

Oh yea, the Shelby isn't my cup of tea. FWIW. Which is nothing. HAHA

Sam

spirit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$90,000 for a used half-ton pickup...wow, is this a great country or what??

Rome

Reaction score
OK- didn't know that one. Since I had an (actual) Avalanche I wasn't even thinking Raptor color. In any event, there are so many great aftermarket shops around ( here in Houston there are at least 3 I can think of) that can boost HP in a Raptor it may be worth looking there first rather than the Shelby package. A friend of mine has his 2018 close to 750 bhp now.

Bro I’m in the Houston area too, and I’m interested in finding out where your buddy got his Raptor tuned

Carlos M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bro I’m in the Houston area too, and I’m interested in finding out where your buddy got his Raptor tuned

There is a place out in Walker where they work them out. I’ll try to find the name and send it your way. If you were to look for used Raptors in our area on autotrader or some car search engine. Once you hit search sort the results by price from high to low and you will see some between 90k to 120K. They add all bells and whistles that you can imagine under the hood.

Carlos M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a place out in Walker where they work them out. I’ll try to find the name and send it your way. If you were to look for used Raptors in our area on autotrader or some car search engine. Once you hit search sort the results by price from high to low and you will see some between 90k to 120K. They add all bells and whistles that you can imagine under the hood.

I meant to say Waller, TX. Damm autocorrect

FNG in FL duhhh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Imo the Shelby is definitely over the top. The price and all the cosmetic stuff reminds me of when fast and furious came out and everyone had to put under glow neons and body kits on their 2001 civics. I saw two last week driving around and I don’t like the hood at all. BUT as long as you like it and would be happy with it that’s all that matters.

MBspeed

Reaction score
D119C1D9-D0A9-4D84-8581-198FD950BA8F.jpeg I have a 13 Shelby. I found it used. Mark up at the time was equivalent to what my out of pocket expense should have been to add the Whipple SC to an equally clean, low milage raptor. Other than their Shelby logo items (Trim, seat covers, bumper inserts, official Shelby plaque) mine has just a Whipple SC kit you can buy off the shelf, with a Borla cat back. Not even a custom tune on it. Standard Ford Performance tune. It comes with ADD bumpers as an option. Nothing you can’t buy at any shop. I wasn’t looking for a Shelby i really just wanted the Whipple. It’s the 575HP rated Shelby. The other stuff is marketing hype and the vehicle is official on the Shelby registry. Woopity Do.

FORD WARRANTY VOID with the Shelby Package I have, that was according to Ford. Shelby offered a 2 year drive train warranty which had just expired when I bought mine. So I got it with no warranty basically. I called Ford after a few weeks of driving it for a sunroof failure. That’s when I realized they basically will not cover anything other than recall stuff. And absolutely no drivetrain with the SC on there. I would confirm with Ford their warranty isn’t effected before you buy, so they can’t deny any warranty issues in the future.

(I did. The Sunroof DR. Carrier repair myself. 2 years and no issues. PITA job to do by the way. $1200+ dealer repair.)

Insurance is also an issue. There is no “ Shelby Raptor “ in their database since it’s not really a Ford factory vehicle. It’s basically viewed as a customized vehicle. And I had to get a policy that was for a specific value on the vehicle. A normal insurance company (Safeco is who I have) can’t value the Shelby stuff. It’s just custom add on’s. I assume the same issue would apply to this truck you are looking at. Again. Confirm with your insurance company directly, how they would list or cover your truck. Don’t want them backing out of any repairs because they will only replace factory parts ect.

Lastly.

I LOVE THIS TRUCK. No regrets.