2018 Shelby raptor is it worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rjklein4470

Reaction score
Guys, I have been thinking about trading in my 17 raptor in avalanche grey for a 2018 black shelby. I found a pretty good deal on a slightly used shelby.

2018 shelby 11,000 $ 89,950

I am getting $52,000 on trade for my 2017 Raptor in Avalanche grey with 33,000 miles.

for some reason still on the fence,

thoughts?

Last edited:

Highpox1

Reaction score
$52K for a 2017 Avalanche? Hmmm. The last year Chevy made an Avalanche was 2013. If you meant a 2013 Avalanche, I am impressed you would be getting $52K for it, since that is more than it cost then. I traded in my 2011 Avalanche on a 2019 Raptor and got a whopping $16K. And mine was in excellent shape w/ low mileage. The SHELBY adds about $20K in racing stripes/decals and a bit more in HP. Not sure it's worth the name plate. I would vote for a 2019 stock Raptor for $72K, then spend the extra $18K on your own upgrades that may be better than the Shelby if you find the right after market shop.....

Highpox1

Reaction score
OK- didn't know that one. Since I had an (actual) Avalanche I wasn't even thinking Raptor color. In any event, there are so many great aftermarket shops around ( here in Houston there are at least 3 I can think of) that can boost HP in a Raptor it may be worth looking there first rather than the Shelby package. A friend of mine has his 2018 close to 750 bhp now.

OP
OP
R

rjklein4470

Reaction score
thank you for your opinions, It is a cool looking truck but I agree with you. Some of the expensive mods are in the wrong place.

titanjc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd hang on to the Avalanche Gray myself. You've got an exclusive color that is pretty much universally liked and will probably be sought after in the future. The Shelby Raptors aren't for me. Too gaudy, with wayyyy too much markup just because of the Shelby name. You could make your own "Shelby" by buying your own aftermarket parts for probably 25% of what Shelby would charge you.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

ShadowViper

Reaction score
Worth is perspective, if you like everything on the truck as is then it's worth it, especially with shelby keeping factory warranty.

I personally like the look of the truck, but rather have baja designs lights, and rather have a winch bumper. Don't care for the powertrain upgrades, there nice but don't need them and the over badging inside and out are a bit over the top.

With all that said I would probably consider one if a good price came my way.

Last edited: