2018 Raptor with 5.0 V8 Ecoboost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

taco-13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is pretty funny. People talk about gen2 guys looking too far into the future about hp and mpgs for a motor that is already in the truck. Now we are talking about 2018 and 2019 with a mystery motor. I will believe it when I see it.

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry, I don't really feel that comfortable interrogating a mate over stuff he shouldn't be talking about.

I think both a Bronco and F150 Lightning are long overdue a re-launch.

If they made a Bronco with Raptor Suspension and drivetrain I'd sell my soul to the Devil to get my hands on one!

Yes! Make that Bronco!! That's what I really want to know about. Although based on that new Detroit union contract. I think the Bronco is the other suv they wanted built and the reason they finally agreed to that 4 year contract last year.

harrisb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is good info, aligns pretty close to my 3 year trade cycle as well.

raptorwarrior

Reaction score
Forgive me if I am ignorant. But I think a lot of people get hung up on if it is a v6 or v8. From what I have seen so far (news feed from Ford, etc), the Gen2 v6 out performs the Gen1 v8. We won't really know though until customers start driving the Gen2 IMO.

But if the v6 out performs the v8 (i.e. horse power, torque, weight)... why do so many people get hung up on that it is not a v8?

FordFanStan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where do these people get their info from?

They make shit up so people like you find it, read it, share it. This get's their pages/site more views and they get paid from advertisers on their site. The more you share, the more this shit will be spread.

But if the v6 out performs the v8 (i.e. horse power, torque, weight)... why do so many people get hung up on that it is not a v8?

Their "best answer" to date is because the v6 doesn't sound as good as the v8. To me, this sounds like something a teenager would say. Just like so many people hear something loud and they say "oh that sounds badass" :rofl:

Function over form to me...