2018 Raptor with 5.0 V8 Ecoboost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gilligan

Reaction score
If Ford really does throw a monster ttv8 into the Raptor in 2019 I think that would be hilarious just for what will happen around here.

Currently Gen 1 owners:

"These arent drag trucks so who cares if the Gen 2 has more HP/Tq"

"Suspension is more important than HP"

"No one wants turbos because they are too complicated and they get too hot."

Then a ttv8 comes out making monster power and the Gen 1 people who hate the idea of the Gen 2 will be all like:

"Im buying a Gen 3 because v8 and itll leave that small ttv6 in the dust."

"The Gen 3 is far superior to the Gen 2 because the v8 has 125 more hp and will be way faster."

I just cant wait for everything to flip, its going to be entertaining.

If Ford decides to throw a monster ttv8 into the Raptor in 2019 that would be great but dont be surprised when the price is $75k+.

You hear a lot of different voices in your head, don't you?

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hmmm i wonder if we know the same guy.... Ive talked to a guy whose company buys any vehicle you can dream of and will lease it to you ANY !! Ive seen the lists its amazing. They are well connected to the industry and he says the hints are very strong about a tt v8. Im a guy who said this would never ever happen because ford has tossed all their eggs in the v6 basket , but looks like im wrong..... lets hope !

harrisb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It may be coming in the GT500 but not in a raptor unless we're happy with 100k+ as a price tag

harrisb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's already 100k up here in Canada and there's no shortage of buyers, so I don't see a problem with the price!

I know but they're 65k down south which means we'll probably be 150k. For a truck I'd actually use as a truck that's a lot of scratch. Garage queen, maybe...

Mark.H

Reaction score
Hmmm i wonder if we know the same guy.... Ive talked to a guy whose company buys any vehicle you can dream of and will lease it to you ANY !! Ive seen the lists its amazing. They are well connected to the industry and he says the hints are very strong about a tt v8. Im a guy who said this would never ever happen because ford has tossed all their eggs in the v6 basket , but looks like im wrong..... lets hope !

This guy is a British chap living in the UK, I actually don't know much of what he does but I do know he's subject to signing a lot of N.D.A's and I've never known him ********. He told me when a lot of Ferrari Clients were off to Maranello to go see the La Ferrari Spyder about a month before it was leaked, if he says that Ford Performance are making a V8 TT Raptor with the GT500 engine I believe him, he did speculate that it would be a 2019 release based on current strategy and he did say they're targeting 750bhp. He has no reason to lie and no reason not to say "sorry mate I don't know".

Make of it what you will, of course it is always within Ford Performances abilty to cancel projects if they feel there isn't a market for it at a certain price point. More than anything I'm happy that it is going to be a LARGE step over the top of the V6 and at a price point that will be unlikely to affect V6 resale values.