2018 Raptor with 5.0 V8 Ecoboost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The same reason people buy a Mustang GT with a v8. Who wants a Mustang with a v6? I guess if you want the mileage and still get a stylish car. I remember my 88 GT, just starting that baby up put me in the right mood for ride to nowhere. I think most true car enthusiasts want the complete experience. I'm sorry but when you're flying through the desert hammering the skinny pedal, the sweet sound of our 6.2l with an aftermarket exhaust is just so much fun. Just like when you're on a Raptor outing and all your group starts up and takes off one by one. It's just so much fun hearing our beasts come to life. Not sure I'd ever get used to that horrible v6 sound in our beast. The other part frankly is the twin turbos in a dusty environment. We'll see how they hold up after 100-200k miles. Our 6.2l has been stout with very few problems with the motor after many hard miles. Time will tell.

K-9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just sold my 2013. I miss it but despite not being a mpg guy became frustrated with the really poor city miles that dominate my life hauling kids to sporting events.

I won't say what I am driving now out fear of getting kicked off the board but I still have my gt500 and a crappy lifted jeep that is looking like a great 1st car option for my son.

I am very much considering the gen 2 as I think I can live with the lack of exhaust sound if that's the biggest knock on it. I am certain there will be plenty of upgrades there available and what this gen 2 offers is a really impressive package with the frame, suspension, power, and while I think the cost may be a bit bigger than it needs to be I can pass on things like the tech package and carbon fiber to help,keep it down. I do want the 360 camera though and wish the single panel sun roof was an option for the SCREW as that dual panel looks like it was not too well thought out for this truck with all the rattles and crappy issues on the regular trucks. I am also not in love with the new sliding window style but that is nit picking (I like the Toyota that drops the entire window really). All that being said the gen 1 is a great truck and if the 6.2 never happened everyone would lov it with a 5.4. Very few ever push the limits of these trucks any way. The gen 2 will be an upgrade and while I wont like every change the things that matter most appear to be a better fit....for me.

I too want the bronco/raptor suv but the cost these things are pulling is getting to the point where waiting for the v8tt and buying a used 6tt is looking like a plan that may work out for me. I am not patient though and make impulse buys so as soon as I convince myself of a color I imagine a new gen 2 could be ordered....leaning to the paint with the extra cost which is killing me too.

UrbanMenace

Reaction score
After reading this thread, I registered to post.
IMO fuel efficiency fleet regulations imposed on U.S. sellers will cause the V8tt to appear in 2018, if it's mass manufactured at all. The V8tt A10 combo could be bad-as and would be an easy choice 2017 option!

DrippinRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
After reading this thread, I registered to post.
IMO fuel efficiency fleet regulations imposed on U.S. sellers will cause the V8tt to appear in 2018, if it's mass manufactured at all. The V8tt A10 combo could be bad-as and would be an easy choice 2017 option!

That would be enough to sway me to move from my Gen 1. Ford probably won't due it because the sale/resale on the TTV6 would go straight down the crapper.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why would Ford care about resale value of previous model year Raptors? The 6.2L engine was a kick in the nuts to 5.4L resale values- and that mattered none to Ford. They will sell every Raptor they make, resale values of previous models mean squat.

Horsepowerkings or whatever lame ass name they picked is a total ******** click bait website. Nothing they post is worth reading.

DrippinRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why would Ford care about resale value of previous model year Raptors? The 6.2L engine was a kick in the nuts to 5.4L resale values- and that mattered none to Ford. They will sell every Raptor they make, resale values of previous models mean squat.

Horsepowerkings or whatever lame ass name they picked is a total ******** click bait website. Nothing they post is worth reading.

Such habits tend to **** off customers, that's why.

muddawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My perspective on resale is, if I make it part of my buying criteria, I'd never buy new.