2017 Crew Towing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Anthony Brady

Reaction score
Hey guys , I'm about to buy my 1st raptor. Looking @ a 2017 SuperCrew CPO. 63,000 miles for $49k.

my trailer is 6,096 dry weight so im under the 8k tow rating. I'll tow maybe 10 times a year , about 2,000 miles a year. Can't recall tongue rating at the moment

But i am reading that the rear squats pretty hard.

What type of products does everyone recommend to combat squatting?

TIA

Anthony

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to the place. Main thing is to replace the rear springs with deaver plus 3 and use an equalizer hitch with that trailer. Post a pic of your raptor when you get it.

OP
OP
A

Anthony Brady

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome! ouch, those things are expensive and will take quite a bit to save up to buy those. are the Deavers the only recommendations? I have a Reese hitch already that I'll be using from my 2019 2.7 F150.

Absolutely! should have her on Saturday.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You could probably make do without the deavers, but you wont go far without the WD hitch. Save up and get the deavers later on. I ran my scab without them at first but they are a night and day difference when installed.

OP
OP
A

Anthony Brady

Reaction score
good to know about the deavers. i just read about the Timbren SES system. What are your thoughts about this solution?

i would never tow without my WD hitch.