2014vs2013

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rage27

Reaction score
My dealer has a 2013 ready to go but I'm just wondering if I should wait a few weeks and just get a 2014. Any ideas if the 2014 will be any different or when it will become available? I'm thinking I should just pull the trigger on the 13 but I'm sure the 14 will probably be available the day after I sign

comagt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2014 is still 3-4 months out from the dealer lots. Order guides should be out next week letting you see the differences. If you like the 2013 and want a truck now, that is a hard thing to pass up.

VAFordGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably just depends if you don't mind waiting a while. 2014 order book is not even open yet. F-150 2014 builds are scheduled to START end of Oct. and who knows how long it will take before raptors start rolling off the line. I'm personally waiting for a 2014 bc my current truck works just fine and I'm not in a hurry. But I'm also not expecting my 14 Raptor to arrive till Jan-Feb of 2014 at the earliest. If you want your new toy now and the 13 for sale has everything you want I would go for it, I also don't see a whole lot of changes coming to the 14 other than box graphics and updated software on the mft.

The Outrage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is from Ford's media website:

Along with the new Sunset Metallic, other exterior color options for the 2014 F-150 SVT Raptor include desert camouflage-inspired Terrain, Race Red, Tuxedo Black Metallic, Ingot Silver Metallic and Oxford White.
If you want a Flame Blue Raptor 2013 may be the last model year you are able to get it.

Raw Horsepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't know if my order will be a 13 or 14 but I settled on the blue accent interior. I wonder if it will be available since they are adding the special edition brick red trim.

Last edited: