2014 Raptors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Raptor62

Raptor62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It sounds like I will need to place my order for a 13. I e-mailed John Clor to see if he can give me any feedback. I'll let you know what he says.

OP
OP
Raptor62

Raptor62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got a reply from John Clor at SVT. Here was his response:

"The last I heard, the redesign of Ford’s F-150 is due out sometime in 2014, but rumor was it will likely be a 2015 model-year vehicle, when powertrains and models must be changed because the EPA’s new fuel-economy mandate takes effect. I have not heard of any F-150 model-cutting as of yet for the 2014 lineup, which -- if they follow past practice -- should be pretty much carryover products.

At this point it’s still all pretty much unofficial speculation, but I hope that helps anyway!"

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't think you want Ford to release the next Raptor too early. They need time to test and make sure they don't have another frame bending issue.

Take your sweet time Ford and release it in 2017.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There is not a frame bending issue... The Raptor is not the baja raptor/raptor r/raptor xt plain and simply.. You can not expect a $50k Raptor to be the same as a $200k+ trophy truck. We (Raptor owners) have pushed and exceeded Ford/SVT expectations of what the Raptor is capable of doing. As Jamal the chief engineer of SVT Raptor program said "you can only beef up components so far and you have to draw the line somewhere“

Ford top execs and SVT never imagined the Raptor taking off like it did, or what us (enthusiast) put the Raptor through.

So I state again for what the Raptor was intended design meets and exceeds Ford/SVT goals. Yes, they did add more support to the rear frame section because of the Raptor owners pushing the stock truck harder than it was designed to do. Plain and simply!

-Greg

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well put Greg. I'll be consolidating the questions that we asked at SVT this weekend, I'll probably use your post as a base for the response we received from Jamal.

Yukon Joe
Delta Force
Snoball500 Support Raptor

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
ya Joe are you going to go back to your what do you want to ask svt and put some answers on it? at least the top what you would consider 5 questions thanks'

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
ya Joe are you going to go back to your what do you want to ask svt and put some answers on it? at least the top what you would consider 5 questions thanks'

Yes I will do it that way.
Didn't get them all answered, but a fair share.

Yukon Joe
Delta Force
Snoball500 Support Raptor