2013 ...Is this the year for the ecoboost Raptor ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Who knew talking shit about economical cars on the internet make your **** bigger!? What lazy car company is paying you guys? No wonder american cars haven't changed in 20 years.

Haters are going to hate, Feel free to hate on me!
I honestly can't wait for electric vehicles. 100% torque at 0rpm with about 18498730978934 less moving parts. No oil changes, wheels will be able to turn 180+ degrees the list goes on... Yeah, battery technology isn't quite up to par but once car companies get behind them that will change.

its funny, I think a lot of guys think there's some correlation between the shittier the mileage they get, the more manly they are. There's no good reason not to expect or want better mileage from a truck. Yes it won't get as good of mileage as a lighter car, but absolutely no reason for not wanting to get better mileage than they do. My 1985 F-150 gets 10-11 mpg. My 2012 Raptor is getting 12 mpg. Pretty pathetic IMO that my 27 year old truck gets almost as good mileage as my brand new truck. Yes it has more hp and it weighs more and can tow more, but those are things that the consumers have been pushing for over the years. More people need to get their pompous head out of their azzes about fuel economy and pickups that it SHOULD be bad, and start pushing manufacturers to get better mileage from trucks, and that will come around the bend as well.

I can afford to dump $125 in the tank every time I fill it up, but I don't like it one bit.

PS, anybody notice about the only time warsurfer posts up is to shit talk in the 3.5 EB? :supergay:

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
PS, anybody notice about the only time warsurfer posts up is to shit talk in the 3.5 EB? :supergay:

how 'bout you keep the personal attacks to yourself.

There is a difference between trying to offset the nutswinger's and talking trash. The Eco neither outperforms nor gets better mpg IN A RAPTOR. That isn't talking trash, that's reality kid.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Warsurfer - 200 posts on how great the 6.2 is and how crappy the 3.5 EB is, yet you've posted no actual data to back up any of your wild claims on how inferior the 3.5 is. No personal attacks, I just find it humorous that these are the only threads you respond in, and the last one you went ranting on and on about some thread on another forum, yet when I actually went on there and read the thread, it was all smoke and mirror BS to your arguement.

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Warsurfer - 200 posts on how great the 6.2 is and how crappy the 3.5 EB is, yet you've posted no actual data to back up any of your wild claims on how inferior the 3.5 is. No personal attacks, I just find it humorous that these are the only threads you respond in, and the last one you went ranting on and on about some thread on another forum, yet when I actually went on there and read the thread, it was all smoke and mirror BS to your arguement.

What? I have no idea what you are talking about. I have posted nothing but facts - your not liking them doesn't make them false. Get over yourself.

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This was posted two days ago, smoke and mirrors? I'm using my phone and the link works for me, I don't know why you can't see it.

Sorry for the bad quality. The video was shot with a cell phone and I don't have great editing software on my home computer. I will get dyno numbers, graphs, and better quality video posted soon!

Monday, we were able to successfully flash our EcoBoost F150 shop truck!!

The truck has been on the dyno the past few days and we have been working hard on our custom tune files. These files are similar to those that have put countless other EcoBoost powered vehicles in the 12-second ET range. Modifications include raised boost, increased timing, transmission modifications with reduced torque management, and removed speed limiter.

I have a very long list of customers that have been patiently waiting. If interested, please email me with your name and contact info and I can let you know as soon as we're ready to start selling the tuning devices.

My email is [email protected]

Thank you,

Rick LeBlanc
Livernois Motorsports

Last edited:

Drewa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CineSLR , it has nothing to do with ***** size, its just reality.
No one buys a Raptor for its stellar fuel mileage. If they wanted 90MPG they would ride a 50cc scooter.. The Raptor is a fun truck, for people who like to offrad. Its not practical at all, but going offroad is not practical either. Its not a needed trip, its hard on parts, tires, etc. My point is I will trade off a little gas, for more power. Besides the ecoboost is not really efficient. A company in Kelowna has purchased 4 new F150 company trucks, all are the same, except for engines. Two have the 5.0 the other two the ecoboost. Employees drive whatever truck is there at the time, and all fuel is put on company gas cards. I know a guy that works there and drives them, the trucks all get within 0.5 MPG of each other. So where is the fuel savings?

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I can't speak for CineSLR, but I don't like the shift schedule in mine either. It almost feels like they programmed the shift points without actually driving it. Under normal conditions it's fine, under hard acceleration it's not shifting where it should be.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CineSLR , it has nothing to do with ***** size, its just reality.
No one buys a Raptor for its stellar fuel mileage. If they wanted 90MPG they would ride a 50cc scooter.. The Raptor is a fun truck, for people who like to offrad. Its not practical at all, but going offroad is not practical either. Its not a needed trip, its hard on parts, tires, etc. My point is I will trade off a little gas, for more power. Besides the ecoboost is not really efficient. A company in Kelowna has purchased 4 new F150 company trucks, all are the same, except for engines. Two have the 5.0 the other two the ecoboost. Employees drive whatever truck is there at the time, and all fuel is put on company gas cards. I know a guy that works there and drives them, the trucks all get within 0.5 MPG of each other. So where is the fuel savings?

Personally for me, I think the Raptor is a practical vehicle... Mine fuels as good as a comparison truck(cept Raptor is way better looking)
It does all I need it to and looks better doing it. I tow what I need to, I fill the bed when I need to.
You can say the eco-boost is not fuel efficient but it means nothing... As well as saying 4 company vehicles are fueling the same... No one that drives a company owned vehicle drives to get good fuel mpg's. The numbers are posted and it is better than a 5.0L... and when gas hits 6,7,8,9,10$ a gallon a truck that gets 2 mpg's better than another will be much better to have...

debate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Under normal conditions it's fine, under hard acceleration it's not shifting where it should be.

Passing three empty dumptrucks, this morning, the 6.2 was sounding good and I glanced at the dash: climbing toward 4,000rpms, 85mph, 3rd gear. I let-off so the transmission could get a higher gear and finished the pass.

Does using T/H improve the shifting on your Raptor?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalerg