2012 SCrew 500 mile review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Pictures say a thousand words

View attachment 6022

Fuel mileage, I couldn't be happier commuting 25 miles each way to work everyday, mix city and highway driving.

Definately tell a difference between scab and screw with the shocks. Screw rides a little stiffer than the scab, especially over highway expansion joints. Still for a big heavy truck, it is the nicest ride of any truck I have owned..

Stock headlights surprised me, not great but far better than recon "projector" headlights. Too much uncontrolled light spillage, down right dangerous in foggy conditions.
Sync system is improved and plays nice with my galaxy s phone. No issues with it so far. Wish jukebox was faster burning songs, and gracenote is a little out of date already. 2011-2012 cds show up as unknown.

Remote start works great, not the best range compared to aftermarket remote start.

Torsen front end, seemless and unnoticable. Very well done!

Love the stitched Raptor logo in the seats verses the stamped logo..

Overall, I couldn't be happier with the 2012 Raptor SCrew.. Only issue was the "defective" hose clamp on the upper radiator hose!

-Greg

Last edited:

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Holy hell. 17.4 mpg? Have you resetted yours since the dealer?

You know, all you navi guys can just burn your music onto a DVD +RW right? You'll only use one disc for the rest of your life...

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Great review! I share the same comments on my 2011 Screw. I would love to have the stitched seats vs. the stamped logo.

Thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
Squatting Dog

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nope, no reset... Cruise control and transmission in manual, locking it in 6th gear helps a lot on the highway.. If there is a "steep" (for Missouri) grade kicking it down to 5th. Is a lot better than the transmission in automatic trying to guess what gear and jumping around with cruise control on.

-Greg

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Impressive gas milege, you must be gentle on the go pedal??

I'm at 2,500 miles and 10 MPG!!!

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've been gentle on the throttle but I'm only at 11.4 mostly local miles and I like to keep it in automatic. My excuse is that when I got it for the dealer it was at 4.1 or something like that.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Squatting Dog

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know those numbers are a little skewed, because it doesn't
reflect using remote start and idling for 5-10 minutes. And I haven't been offroad yet, besides gravel road, and wifes doughnuts.

-Greg

mictouch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am sure it is a fluke.. Going to check it with real numbers. Miles/tankful and compare it..

-Greg

With that kind of mileage you're just about to fill it up for the second time. I got my Screw Halloween and I now have 9k on it. Almost 1,500 miles off road. Twice to Death Valley, four times to Barstow, 5 days in Randsburg and twice to Lake Havasu. On the road (In Town and Hwy) I average 13.4 but those days Off Road I average 8.5 to 9.3. Yeah all that sounds normal right? But towing my 26 foot Weekend Warrior I average 8.0 maybe! My overall average has now dropped to 11.3. I am very happy with this. My last 4 Suburbans, couple old Blazers, and one Excursion hardly ever averaged 10mph...