2012 SCrew 500 mile review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gcmj45acp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the new ride, Greg. I've been similarly pleased with my 2011 SCrew other than the current transmission drama. On the fuel economy; once I got to roughly 15k miles, the truck started averaging 13mpg on a mostly flat, mostly highway, 70-75 mile trip to the office (Houston,TX) and back. Five to eight miles of that is running errands during the lunch hour. It averaged 14mpg on a trip to Birmingham, AL for Thanksgiving but, I also drove 75-80mph most of the time. I can get the truck to post a 17mpg average after a reset but, it usually means very few stops and cruising speeds of 55mph or less.

OP
OP
Squatting Dog

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My stock 2011 scab averaged 11-14 mpg before I sold it. Anything above 10 mpg is good enough for me.

Think forcing it to stay in 6th gear on the highway helps, plus playing thr green bar game helps..

-Greg

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holy hell. 17.4 mpg? Have you resetted yours since the dealer?

You know, all you navi guys can just burn your music onto a DVD +RW right? You'll only use one disc for the rest of your life...

Since when do DVDRW's hold 220gb?

OP: Nice mileage. I've got 3300 miles on my 2012...7.4mpg :rofl:

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think he was referring to the ability for DVD+RW's being able to be burned, erased, burned, erased and over and over again. The dye will eventually go away, so I don't know if it can be used for the rest of a life, but I get the point.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think he was referring to the ability for DVD+RW's being able to be burned, erased, burned, erased and over and over again. The dye will eventually go away, so I don't know if it can be used for the rest of a life, but I get the point.

Thank you... It'll wear out just like anyhting else but it'll last a hell of a lot longer than all those old ass CD's some guys make with only 15-18 songs.

iceman302

Full Throttle OG
Reaction score
Thank you... It'll wear out just like anyhting else but it'll last a hell of a lot longer than all those old ass CD's some guys make with only 15-18 songs.

I just use a thumb drive in the USB port for all my music. Works flawlessly.

As for mileage, the best I've managed is 18.1 on an all freeway 100 mile drive.

Big Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just have no idea how you all are getting this mileage?! How fast are you going? I tried the manual, keep it in sixth thing today and that shows promise.. I got a little over thirteen last weekend while on the highway and was happy but now I realize I have a LONG way to go!

Not trying to be a hypermiler here, just want to see if I can get those numbers, or even close while I'm on the highway. Unfortunately I like to drive fast so that has always hampered my ability to get really good mileage.

~BGM