2012 SCrew 500 mile review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iceman302

Full Throttle OG
Reaction score
I just have no idea how you all are getting this mileage?! How fast are you going? I tried the manual, keep it in sixth thing today and that shows promise.. I got a little over thirteen last weekend while on the highway and was happy but now I realize I have a LONG way to go!

Not trying to be a hypermiler here, just want to see if I can get those numbers, or even close while I'm on the highway. Unfortunately I like to drive fast so that has always hampered my ability to get really good mileage.

~BGM

I think you just answered your own question.

I also have a few beneficial mods... intake, catback, and tune. Plus, the Bak Flip tonneau makes a solid aerodynamic difference and I keep my tires inflated on the higher side for running around town/freeway.

Big Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you just answered your own question.

I also have a few beneficial mods... intake, catback, and tune. Plus, the Bak Flip tonneau makes a solid aerodynamic difference and I keep my tires inflated on the higher side for running around town/freeway.

So what is the "magic" speed that you guys are running to get these numbers? I'll see if I can stomach going slow enough to see a difference.. lol

I'll be getting the intake, catback and tune eventually. I have the Bakflip and always keep the tires nice so I should be able to get reasonably close to these numbers on a longerish trip.

~BGM

iceman302

Full Throttle OG
Reaction score
So what is the "magic" speed that you guys are running to get these numbers? I'll see if I can stomach going slow enough to see a difference.. lol

I'll be getting the intake, catback and tune eventually. I have the Bakflip and always keep the tires nice so I should be able to get reasonably close to these numbers on a longerish trip.

~BGM

It's really hard to just go the speed limit... 65. It might've been a slower average speed with light traffic.

If I go mid 70's, it will drop to mid 14's to maybe 15 in the low 70's.

Last edited:

trolls56

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm really considering trading in my 2010 for a 2012 crew cab. My truck has 34k miles on it and its about time to give Randy a call for a new one.

Big Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's really hard to just go the speed limit... 65. It might've been a slower average speed with light traffic.

If I go mid 70's, it will drop to mid 14's to maybe 15 in the low 70's.

Damn.. I was afraid of that. I go .... well above that normally.

Maybe I'll hit cruise control and try to not notice how slow I'm going and see how it goes on my next trip this weekend.

Thanks.

~BGM

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc