2012 or 2011

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rooney

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I might be a potential Raptor owner but I have a few questions:

1. Is it really worth buying a 2012 over a 2011 just because of its front Torsen LSD ?

2. Will the 2012 hold its value better ? or worth more just becuase of the front Torsen LSD ?

I guess thats it but feel free to add any other info.

Thanks.

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
2010 is the best year if you plan to go fast offroad. Wouldn't trade for a newer model. Right answer to the wrong question.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I might be a potential Raptor owner but I have a few questions:

1. Is it really worth buying a 2012 over a 2011 just because of its front Torsen LSD ?

2. Will the 2012 hold its value better ? or worth more just becuase of the front Torsen LSD ?

I guess thats it but feel free to add any other info.

Thanks.

I would say it all comes down to the differences between the two...namely price, milage and care of the truck...

If you are looking to get your wife or girlfriend a Raptor I would consider a 2010...otherwise unless you are a mechanic i would not...:signs6:

OP
OP
R

Rooney

Reaction score
Thanks for your input guys!

How good does this look ?

2011 Ford F150 SVT Raptor, $48,000 - Cars.com

I have visited the dealer and i'm looking at $44,000 or $45,000

And, also this one

http://www.westburyjeep.com/used/Fo...g-island-1be5650d0a0a0049008d241ba13c6f52.htm

I have also visited this dealer, I offered $44,000 but they're standing firm on $49,000(from $50,980) but waiting for a call from them.

This one has no options at all except for Hood Graphics, Box Graphics, Blue Accents and Tailgate Step.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

How good does this look ?

2011 Ford F150 SVT Raptor, $48,000 - Cars.com

I have visited the dealer and i'm looking at $44,000 or $45,000

Thanks.

Truck looks good from the pictures, but I still think $45K is high for a two year old truck with 14K on it...I think i paid right around $50K for my 2011 new...

Just trowing numbers around, but I would knock 20% of whatever it would cost you to purchase a new truck. So if a new Raptor is 50K, you should be able to get the 2011 for around $40K...additionally, if you are going to finance the truck, rates are lower on a new truck over used which might be another reason to go new vs. used...IMO

Good luck,

Fred

OP
OP
R

Rooney

Reaction score
Truck looks good from the pictures, but I still think $45K is high for a two year old truck with 14K on it...I think i paid right around $50K for my 2011 new...

Just trowing numbers around, but I would knock 20% of whatever it would cost you to purchase a new truck. So if a new Raptor is 50K, you should be able to get the 2011 for around $40K...additionally, if you are going to finance the truck, rates are lower on a new truck over used which might be another reason to go new vs. used...IMO

Good luck,

Fred

I agree, but every dealer I have visited did not want to do better than over-sticker on the new Raptors.

Maybe i'm doing something wrong ??

I'm approved for financing and there is a minude difference between new and used financing, its like .10%

Btw I edited my previous post and added a Blue Raptor to the list.

Thanks.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Good luck,

Fred

Agreed. Anything over $42k i would just go new

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree, but every dealer I have visited did not want to do better than over-sticker on the new Raptors.

Maybe i'm doing something wrong ??

I'm approved for financing and there is a minude difference between new and used financing, its like .10%

Btw I edited my previous post and added a Blue Raptor to the list.

Thanks.

Please don't take offense, but those are Northern Prices...I know Mouldman on the Forum is from NY and bought is Truck from Sheehy Ford here in Richmond.

I don't know what he paid, but when I went to check the truck out for him they had a Black 2013 fully loaded exactly like his for $50K...

Call around to some dealers down here and see if they can order one for you..you won't get the orange, but Race Red and blue look great

Have you asked the dealer how muvh to order you one with exactly what you want?

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 PM ----------

And, also this one

Used 2012 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor For Sale in Jericho, Long Island NY | 1FTFW1R68CFB60912

I have also visited this dealer, I offered $44,000 but they're standing firm on $49,000(from $50,980) but waiting for a call from them.

This one has no options at all except for Hood Graphics, Box Graphics, Blue Accents and Tailgate Step.

Thanks.

Granted it is a 2012, but no Nav and stil over $50K...that is an even worse deal than the 2011...

I would ask the dealer(s):

1 - How they came to own a Raptor with so few miles? The owner had the truck for only 7 months...did he trade it what?

2 - How much did they pay for it? They might not tell you, but my response would be is I understand you need to make money to pay your bills but I am not getting screwed...

3 - How much to order me one?