GEN 2 $11k in damages, but you should see the other guy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SpruceGoose

Reaction score
Drunk driver pulled out in front of me. Slowed down enough to keep my airbags from going off, but enough to send him rolling (note the differences in our rigs). My insurance sent me $11k check. My repair place insists on using OEM parts, but have been eyeing a new bumper and fenders for awhile. Anybody have any advice?20221217_173947.jpg20221221_180345.jpg

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
Glad you weren’t hurt, I hate mfing drunks.
I hope you get her all fixed up soon with your new bumpers.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
That’s an ominous first post.
Welcome to FRF
#OneLessprius
#OneLessDrunkÁssholeOnTheRoad

Glad you’re ok and the Rap is not too much the worse for wear. I’ve heard and seen some good things about the ADD bumpers, lots of users on here have them.

Great that your chosen shop is an OEM enthusiast. They will care for the truck far more.

colticus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wouldn’t be surprised if the frame horns are bent. Mine were and I was in a much less of a wreck than that.

roush_14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After a solid front hit, They usually bow in where the frame turns in at the rear part of the front wheel well. I don t know if its by design or just the weakest area.