Dealership Forgot to put lug nuts on tire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That sucks! I would have gone postal. Post up the name of the dealership so nobody else makes the mistake of going there.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why would you file a claim with your insurance company? They are liable, have insurance, and will take care of the damage. That said, make sure they not only fix it to your satisfaction, but they also need to compensate you for the extra depreciation that a wrecked car has when you resell it.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'd lawyer up and go for the kill here, VIN is screwed on Carfax, and dealer will skimp wherever they can. Seek appropriate damages and repairs, can't say I'd want those same mechanics doing the repairs either....
It was an honest mistake for which the dealer is liable, but I strongly disagree with going for a kill. He needs to be made whole which includes fixing the repairs, rental car, paying for depreciations, etc..., but trying to unjustly get rich, if that is what you meant, is not right.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was an honest mistake for which the dealer is liable, but I strongly disagree with going for a kill. He needs to be made whole which includes fixing the repairs, rental car, paying for depreciations, etc..., but trying to unjustly get rich, if that is what you meant, is not right.
I didn't say ask for $10MM, I would make sure my truck, my time, and everything was accounted for and made whole. So all the repairs to get the truck back to how it was, not better or worse, and a rental car for the duration.

That's it. An honest mistake shouldn't cost an innocent customer a dime.

shroomlord

Reaction score
I just had this exact scenario happen with my 2022 ford lightning. The term " make it right" seems to be the standard response