Dealership Forgot to put lug nuts on tire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score

lol.....I prefer a little of both....I call it SCRUM FALL.

But man, in most offices now a days...if you tried to say we should do a waterfall project, they would take your badge and throw you out. That is just where SDLC has been taken now a days.

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hardly... A promise from a dealership means nothing.

Not in my experience, you need to hold them accountable. No business wants this to happen to anyone.

Lawyering up without givimg them a chance to make it right is not the right thing to do.

DINOZR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not in my experience, you need to hold them accountable. No business wants this to happen to anyone.

Lawyering up without givimg them a chance to make it right is not the right thing to do.

I get what you are saying. Give them a chance to make it right. But "the right thing to do" is to protect your near $100k piece of property that was damaged. Making friends is second. Having a lawyer to act as your advocate, if you want to pay for it, is certainly not being a "bad guy." It's being very cautious about how this proceeds. OP is not morally obligated to ensure this is a pleasant process for the people that damaged his property.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I get what you are saying. Give them a chance to make it right. But "the right thing to do" is to protect your near $100k piece of property that was damaged. Making friends is second. Having a lawyer to act as your advocate, if you want to pay for it, is certainly not being a "bad guy." It's being very cautious about how this proceeds. OP is not morally obligated to ensure this is a pleasant process for the people that damaged his property.

@DINOZR

Is that...an orange raptor?

O_O

Steve Young

Reaction score
GordoJay said it best! It's one thing to get the damaged repaired but your accident free truck now is not. If/ when you go to sell it, you will take a hit on the value do to their mistake. I have seen these sometimes equate to upwards of $10k out of your pocket due to the repoted accident. I am not an attorney, but it may be worth a consultation with one. IMOHO...