GEN 2 LED light bar behind the grill with pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
...To me when they are off sitting back there it takes away from the looks of the truck... Needs to be blacked out somehow.

OP
OP
smurfslayer

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I can see where they would look pretty spiffy.

OP
OP
smurfslayer

smurfslayer

Reaction score
It’s a worth it mod, no doubt. 2 - 3 beer job.

possibly more depending on your pace, tolerance, etc.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It’s a worth it mod, no doubt. 2 - 3 beer job.

possibly more depending on your pace, tolerance, etc.

Found that Rigids midnight single row fits well between the upper clip mounts in the lower grill...so I said more light, more better, buy. Quick and easy one beer.

I like the ONYX 10" but I can actually use this light and keep the plate mounted with the sto and sho. If I was out west running at night, I would have went with the ONYX...

Attachments

• IMG_1984.jpg
    IMG_1984.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_1996.jpg
    IMG_1996.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 50
OP
OP
smurfslayer

smurfslayer

Reaction score
Found that Rigids midnight single row fits well between the upper clip mounts in the lower grill...so I said more light, more better, buy. Quick and easy one beer.

I like the ONYX 10" but I can actually use this light and keep the plate mounted with the sto and sho. If I was out west running at night, I would have went with the ONYX...

Nifty picture of the setup. I’ve got a slightly different plan, and may spring for some B/D laser lighting. I’m not decided yet.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nifty picture of the setup. I’ve got a slightly different plan, and may spring for some B/D laser lighting. I’m not decided yet.

I really like the BD product. I have them for my corner fogs.
I just checked in the dark, it's a wall of light...and I only have 1 BD sport spot and 1 S2 sport combo in each corner, the 3rd light sits in the garage, looked too cluttered for me. You can see the ghosting in the second pic of the individual LEDs. I am not running full throttle across the desert, it doesn't work for that, but I can see the deer on the side of the road an 1/8 mile away on those back roads and I need that.

I still like them behind the upper grill too...one day. Now I need to focus on a rack for the bed.

Attachments

• IMG_1999.jpg
    IMG_1999.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_2003.jpg
    IMG_2003.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 41
OP
OP
smurfslayer

smurfslayer

Reaction score
Exactly. Right coasters have a different lighting need than the dessert racers (yeah, i know, I typed dessert).

I would like to have some long distance in the profile. Right now, the behind the grille lights work great at short distance, the BD cubes work well to medium distance.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Put a 10" Onyx spot in each corner! You will see a mile down the road AND can communicate by Morse code to the space station if you angle them up. LOL