100 mph

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You gotta love the Raptor's power.. I know I said it is foolish/stupid/etc to worry about 100+ mph...

It just amazes me how effortlessly the Raptor pulls to 100mph, and begs to be pushed faster..

I cant imagine this motor in a more aerodynamic or lighter vehicle...

Regearing would be killer in the Raptor... Right now my SCrew at WOT it shifts 2-3 60mph 3-4 90mph 4-5 ??? 5-6 ???

-Greg (aka squatting dog)

Stingray23

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The major let down(for me) is the tranny on the Raptor. I wish it were more sport oriented and wasnt so lethargic in shifting. Can get annoying. But I love how effortlessly the Raptor pulls at higher speeds. Strong motor.

OP
OP
Squatting Dog

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Correct.. 5star will correct lethargic shifting and remove limiter.. The issue with removing limiter is the Raptor is powerful enough to destroy itself (tires and driveshaft).

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
i actually went a little off the beaten path and had Mike get me a 91 octane tune, with the stock transmission settings. that power spike you feel with the 5 Star around 3500 rpms is still there but it shifts like butter. i like it a lot.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Had mine to 125 and it was scary (not STABLE)! 90 is about the limit for this truck---at least mine on the top perch running 37's..... I have places where I can drive this fast 30 minutes at a time on the way to the ranch in NM.

OP
OP
Squatting Dog

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Since basically i am on low/stock perch and sacked rear leafs.. My Raptor is pretty low (24" from center of hub to fender lip).. Lol

Doing a little high speed test (on a closed course with a professional driver) it was stable at higher speed.. But lane changes at speed with swaybar removed was "wobbly".. Definitely going back on before Bullrun.