**** Testing Methodology Q&A

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bradyh20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey man, can you output the dyno data somehow (CSV, etc?) If you can, I can make you a utility that will chop off the data once RPM starts decreasing so you don't have to look at those silly tails. Let me know if you're interested.

Deinonychus

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This thread has been around a while.
Has there been any interest in going forward from here?

It is evident that quite a few aftermarket intakes are available for the LX's.
What aftermarket intakes are available for the Raptor?

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm always interested Deino. I'd happily head up a round of testing for the Raptor. I think it would rock the Raptor world, just like it did the LX world...

But the problem is $$. I don't have $3k to spend on it, and I don't think there's enough interest out there to generate those sorts of funds :sad:.

So yea... there's definitely interest and I'm more than willing to take point... I just need some serious backing first.

cups

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, this is getting out of the closet. Glad I found this thread. Dein, thanks for bringing it back up.

BigJ, I'm in Fair Oaks with a stock 2011 6.2 Scab. I was going to use SVS to document my mods, all minor, but I'm curious about just what they really do.

I have a new Airaid intake and 5Star perf tune in hand. Not in any hurry, I'm a bit out off money at the moment.

So, if I can help/participate in a future session, that would be great.

Deinonychus

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Okay, this is getting out of the closet. Glad I found this thread. Dein, thanks for bringing it back up.

BigJ, I'm in Fair Oaks with a stock 2011 6.2 Scab. I was going to use SVS to document my mods, all minor, but I'm curious about just what they really do.

I have a new Airaid intake and 5Star perf tune in hand. Not in any hurry, I'm a bit out off money at the moment.

So, if I can help/participate in a future session, that would be great.

Okay, there's a volunteer truck (at leasta 6.2L) who has one aftermarket intake. I've seen that AFE makes an intake for the Raptor. Are there any other vendors with intakes.
I know, funds are still lacking. But it's some start.

cups

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's AFE, Airaid, Volant and I think K&N. Of course there are variant of some, but I believe those are the major brands.