Xpel full body protection or Ceramic Pro?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

colear3

Reaction score
I did marketing for carZmedics in Ohio that does Ceramic Pro, and let me tell you, I found out a lot about ceramic coatings. Ceramic Pro is by far the best in the business. Without a doubt. CQuartz is up there as well as Xpel, but go with CP. I did and I'm thrilled with it. I've had it on 2 vehicles now and love it.

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you guys are pay 5-7k for XPEL you are getting ripped off. Xpel is the best product to save your paint with no exceptions. CP is a fancy wax. Xpel is an actual layer of protection that will prevent monor door dings, rock chips and a variety of other things that CP can't begin to protect from. I am having every inch of paint done on my 19 except roof and the total job is quoted at 3900. I might even be able to negotiate it down a little more when I drop the truck off if I add window tinting at the same time as a package deal. Here is a cut and paste from the original quote sheet. DO NOT pay 5-7k and DO NOT waste money on CP. If you can't affort XPEL then simply apply a good way and save up until you can.

Standard Kit: $900

- Painted areas around the grill/headlights

- Headlights

- Partial hood (about 18-20" high)

- Partial fenders

- Backs of the mirrors

Full front-end: $1,600

- Painted areas around the grill/headlights

- Headlights

- Full hood

- Full fenders

- Backs of the mirrors

Rocker Panels: $550 ($275 each side)

Doors: $1,400 ($350 each) Doors would start from the top most part and end right at the top of the rocker panel (meaning, not to the bottom of the rockers).

Rear fenders: $1,000 ($500 each)

!0 year total warranty
This place guarantees workmanship 100% lifetime

Last edited:

Raptor_Pilot

Reaction score
A ceramic coating won't protect against pinstripes so I'm going Xpel. Quoted $5800 for the entire truck excluding roof.
Ceramic coatings are also more prone to water spots.

Clockton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your offroading your truck I believe its an easy answer, Xpel. My truck would be thrashed if I didn't have xpel on it. I have minor holes and dings in the wrap in a bunch of places but not sure any damage has been done to the paint. This is after year and a few thousand miles offroad.

Xpel Ultimate $4,400 installed. I covered everything but the roof and tailgate. I should have had the tailgate done as well..

IMG_0520.jpeg

Last edited:

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Expel Ultimate Plus has self healing properties. You can literally spray paint it...set it on fire...and still be able to wipe it off with no indication anything bad happened. If you were quoted high price you should shop around and negotiate. 4k for me but I had to talk him down from 4500. I posted the prices above for reference.

XPEL

Reaction score
If your offroading your truck I believe its an easy answer, Xpel. My truck would be thrashed if I didn't have xpel on it. I have minor holes and dings in the wrap in a bunch of places but not sure any damage has been done to the paint. This is after year and a few thousand miles offroad.

Xpel Ultimate $4,400 installed. I covered everything but the roof and tailgate. I should have had the tailgate done as well..

View attachment 120008

Wow! That's awesome! Thank you for sharing this. To show our appreciation, we would like to send you a FREE XPEL Swag Pack including our brand new XPEL Ceramic Boost spray that can be used every 4-6 washes to add extra protection, extra shine, and hydrophobic properties. If you're interested, email us directly at [email protected] with your T-Shirt size and shipping info.

In fact, we would like to extend that offer to ANYONE on this thread/forum that's posted about their experience with XPEL on their truck. Email us at [email protected] with the info above plus the URL of your testimonial.

waveslayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used Xpel and did almost my whole truck for 3500. I didn't do the roof or rear tailgate areas.

I have found it to be worth the money, especially if you take it in the dirt. I have had nice pin strips from bushes, trees and whatever is out there... no scratches to my paint. A buddy doesn't have Xpel, he had to wrap his truck in vinyl because of the scratches not buffing out.

I feel Xpel was worth it to me.

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns

alveolartrill

Reaction score
Here is a before and after Ceramic Pro. They did a great Job saving my paint.

IMHO:
Ceramic Pro is best for fixing
Xpel is best for preventing

Even after getting the Ceramic Pro Gold and having the "hardest" compound, I'm still getting some light pinstripes while off-roading in Baja California.

I see other people with wraps and their truck looks almost brand new every time.

I might get Xpel in the near future.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg