Xpel full body protection or Ceramic Pro?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jamie Wise

Reaction score
The Xpel (should) protect against small things like (small) rock chips as well as doing most of what CP does. I do know some people who do CP over the Xpel, but for most applications I'd call that overkill.

If you plan on doing the whole truck, you'll find CP cost significantly less. For an Xpel package on a raptor, you're looking at around 5k or 6 if you go with the Stealth film (I had a shop quote me this week, and those were their numbers.)

If you've already run CP before, then you know all about it's properties and what it will and won't do. Xpel does come with a 10yr warranty too. I was told that there isn't really any paint correction done (unless there are more severe scratches) on Xpel applications because the film covers up the scratches (especially the matte version). And when / if you go to take off the Xpel wrap, you're gonna have to do paint correction anyway after it's removed.

I think I'm going to do the CP on mine. I would love to do the xpel stealth and go from Gloss black to matte, but at 6k it just doesn't make sense to me.

BIG TIME BALLER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Neather... it’s a truck... a Ford truck.

The cost of these protections far exceeds the value.

The only way it could possibly make sense is if you plan to own your truck for a really long time.

If you are going to own is less than 4 years. There’s no value... not in resale not in the condition of the vehicle. Maybe you save a rock chip or two with film... (a medium impact will still do damage).

Just wax it once or twice a year and save a couple grand.

GR8Ride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thought I had my plan too. Just called this week... Shop that does the XPEL stealth wrap will take delivery of the truck and do the dealer prep at no charge. Cost for wrap $6500 and need the truck for 4 days. Nope I’m out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blown00gt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the front, pillars, and side mirrors in expel and the whole truck with CC. With paint correction on new truck was $3500. I plan on keeping my truck for a while as long as it holds up.

Blown00gt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CC you will still get the swirls if that is what you are trying to avoid. May not be as bad but will still scratch. I only call this out as your truck will be black.

alpha7even

Reaction score
I did the entire front end, and the lower portion of all doors in XPEL Ultimate Plus. The truck was PC'd and ceramic coated. Well worth it because it stays looking new, and no rock chips on the front.

robbys3m3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the products really serve different purposes. if cost is the issue...id just do a front clip paint protection film and call it a day.