Xpel full body protection or Ceramic Pro?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put on XPEL ultimate on all painted surfaces including headlights and side Bpillar. Then I had ceramic pro done on top of it all. Total cost was $6100. Now I won't have to worry about brush while off road and it looks AMAZING..so easy to wash and always looks great

tahoeacr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your offroading your truck I believe its an easy answer, Xpel. My truck would be thrashed if I didn't have xpel on it. I have minor holes and dings in the wrap in a bunch of places but not sure any damage has been done to the paint. This is after year and a few thousand miles offroad.

Xpel Ultimate $4,400 installed. I covered everything but the roof and tailgate. I should have had the tailgate done as well..

View attachment 120008
Could you let me know who did your truck? Looking to get my whole truck done in Xpel.

FerdFteen

Reaction score
To the OP, I have neither of those products but a similar setup. I have full front end Suntek Ultra PPF along with rocker panels and A/B pillars, then a full ceramic coat with Feynlab. The idea is the same though, and if you find a great installer you'll be happy.

As multiple posters have mentioned, the cost/benefit analysis is very personalized. I'm OCD about my vehicles so I'd rather pay the money to have them looking great and protected. You won't really get any resale value from pristine paint condition, but I don't do anything to my vehicles (e.g. suspension or engine mods) with the idea of making money on resale.

It's all about what brings you enjoyment with your vehicle - if you have the disposable income to do it while meeting your other financial obligations, go for it and smile every day when you see your truck looking great!

Reaction score
Man I just had Xpel installed on my ‘19 Raptor with ceramic pro silver, but the installers who are reputable, did a ****** job. There’s gaps and air bubbles and it’s peeling the day I picked it up. Under the hood there is tons of excess that I could peel it off no problem.

The installer said he’ll personally come and fix but we will see what happens.

John Handra

Reaction score
I bought the truck in June and had it wrapped with Xpel Ultimate. I also got ceramic pro including the wheels and glass. Below is what is wrapped. So far Xpel is performing great and the coating makes washing it simple and dirt comes off like nothing. I'm using american garage products for that.

Whole Front
-hood
-bumper
-grill trim and ford letters
-headlights
-fender
-side mirrors
-top strip on roof (about 8 inches)
-a&b pillars

Total Cost: $5500

K1eAYpTxs_To06pUtQJaZgqTqF59CRP3bczs9UIgKpl5R3K0ikkhYJDfWgZwQQEQDStlOYCn_mTmBDE7QQyxlP5BsZBhCtv1-JRk9FsfF1cgXBh0Q7TKhesOzAOtiLG0VTUZABttRkX8ndaiEzZ6Eb53LXx7yzeqcmiFnculppniVO4z8vCs_uzgg8LJlB0MYral1UOrTe1i457C57dUmUItl3tf9E64NwPtHQMsp805f-apR8vW-8DGwKxdgKgIUItDg2Yoe4UA5NYizlNRGKuz9X8C-_Tl4kBn0EbnX_XtvD9gPLPnYwbn8mqi_rOWSDrlijRj572kEOtBbTu0sEF8XbWisep8tmDi3saiqeVF-VDtwG5brXnC7L4ndAkHKoWge-P2VmtM6_w_aEsyPcdW_9SiUWe4Kyo5Vt-7I-uhihqZt1Kfe4uLzq0GA_Jd9o92_Qtquc8KEEGS6k-UqXw2mQbNTRxk80s7ylEdbPmKUw2x3GczeC7B_ib-6EtWuONPX7z2gdJOkDYecuxRPoFxynyD1VEIye3WnL3ED1YhKaIF14o44q5bDvLzFxrgOt56C-JoBY0LbxgP0idbFz-VNVAdS9lZWcGINZj2zbOjzdpd9loxyDiby44Rck1-jwQZe40hf81nUX-wMKFtSnl_BVuouSmABm-xbak5EE4omOgWFrFUng=w1250-h937-no

Santiago Palacio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As stated, which is better? On my ‘17 I had the ceramic pro platinum but I’m wondering if the Xpel full body is any better or even similar?
My dad has xpel on his R8, he is pretty happy with his decision to do it that way. However, I personally would not put xpel film in my whole truck, I believe it is way too expensive specially for a truck. I personally have not done either to my truck, but I'd personally ceramic coat my truck over xpel.

L2C

Reaction score
So with xpel, the brushes when we off road won’t get the pinstripe scratches? What about a vinyl wrap compared to xpel?