Xpel full body protection or Ceramic Pro?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tomcruise

Reaction score
Just FYI I had XPEL installed on the front end excluding the fenders for $400. It's about half what the dealer wanted. A lot of shops will bend you over, definitely shop around.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So what's that Xpel stuff look like after 5 or 10 years in the sun? I saw a used car that had the front half of the hood covered in a dried up, cracked and yellowed plastic film, which I assume was some type of paint protection film that had failed due to UV exposure.

XPEL

Reaction score
So what's that Xpel stuff look like after 5 or 10 years in the sun? I saw a used car that had the front half of the hood covered in a dried up, cracked and yellowed plastic film, which I assume was some type of paint protection film that had failed due to UV exposure.

Eric,

That's a very valid question. Older clear bras used to have issues with longevity, especially in certain climates. That worry is over though, as in 2011 we came out with ULTIMATE which is now ULTIMATE PLUS. It's backed by a 10 year warranty that covers any yellowing, staining, cracking, delaminating, peeling, and bubbling. Parts and labor. So we've got you covered, literally.

KenU

Reaction score
I am acquiring a new Shelby Baja Raptor and was wondering if Xpel and Ceramic Pro gets applied on top of the hood decals? Wondering how that would look. Or apply up to the edges and leave the decals bare?
Thanks in advance.

Eddie G

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have xpel on mine. Love it, it already saved 2 rock chips on my hood and fender. Just from that alone it was worth it. I also recently did a full IGL kenzo 4 year coating on top. If in south Florida I can put you in touch with my wrap/detailer for a really good deal backed with 100% warranty. Xpel has earned my approval on the race track as well, I keep my tracks cars wrapped on the front and never had any issue from debris. For ultimate protection xpel and ceramic coat on top.

ddpt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Paint correction, XPel then Ceramic Coatbde4ea933da8c97de17eef20758e5eeb.jpgbc502c5e94bf03276897199860f4bdc6.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
The Xpel (should) protect against small things like (small) rock chips as well as doing most of what CP does. I do know some people who do CP over the Xpel, but for most applications I'd call that overkill.

If you plan on doing the whole truck, you'll find CP cost significantly less. For an Xpel package on a raptor, you're looking at around 5k or 6 if you go with the Stealth film (I had a shop quote me this week, and those were their numbers.)

If you've already run CP before, then you know all about it's properties and what it will and won't do. Xpel does come with a 10yr warranty too. I was told that there isn't really any paint correction done (unless there are more severe scratches) on Xpel applications because the film covers up the scratches (especially the matte version). And when / if you go to take off the Xpel wrap, you're gonna have to do paint correction anyway after it's removed.

I think I'm going to do the CP on mine. I would love to do the xpel stealth and go from Gloss black to matte, but at 6k it just doesn't make sense to me.

I've had Xpel stealth on two of my black cars (including my GMC 2500 HD Denali) and also on a white car. I'm getting the clear product on my sports car next week. It's a great product and makes the cars a lot easier to clean. If you are going to keep your car for several years, I highly recommend it. As mentioned, it comes with a 10 year guarantee and you can take it to any certified Xpel installer. Because I'm a repeat customer, I'm getting my cars done for well under $5K.

BIG TIME BALLER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$5000 is a lot to prevent a couple rock chips. The new owner will be happy you spent that money... no impact to resale value.

Krillin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm currently doing xpel stealth full.. cost 7k cdn and did all windows xpel tint 1k

Ill probably try and do ceramic coating myself..