WTF?! Warning + Citation for Headlights? Come On!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Az Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesn't Maryland have a vehicle inspection where they check headlight adjustment and such? I know that they are not pro truck out there.
I would get some sort of independent verification of the headlight adjustment, and before your scheduled day in court take it in and see what the court has to say. It sounds silly to get hit twice with tickets in 15 minutes. Most courts around here will throw out the second ticket because you had been warned without enough time to do the repair.

hungerforraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesn't Maryland have a vehicle inspection where they check headlight adjustment and such? I know that they are not pro truck out there.
I would get some sort of independent verification of the headlight adjustment, and before your scheduled day in court take it in and see what the court has to say. It sounds silly to get hit twice with tickets in 15 minutes. Most courts around here will throw out the second ticket because you had been warned without enough time to do the repair.

You were issued a warning, you didn't have enough time to make repairs. Second ticket should be thrown out.

I know here is CT when you get a warning to fix something you have 7 days to make the repairs.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yep you should have told the second officer you already got a warning and will take it in to be re checked. so the first cop pissed you off and the second one that gave you the ticket was your friend? or am I not understanding.

OP
OP
New Guy

New Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What bumper are you running?

How much does it weigh?

Fab Fours Pre-Runner w/ Warn Zeon 12K Winch. Check my photos for more angles/information. I'm very detailed in fully describing stuff I buy/upgrade so others can get a full perspective on it.

Weight w/o Liner: 215 lbs.
Weight w/ Liner: ~220 lbs.
Weight w/ Liner + Winch: ~320 lbs.

What? I've upgraded my '11 bulbs and I still can't see what's in front of me. Once I have the cash, I calling Dawson.

Fight the ticket.

^**** yeah. Buy the nicest Headlights out there!

I have Dawson's 50w upgrades and am at midperch with them adjusted absolutely perfect upon installation with his standard adjustments. I have had them installed going on a month or so now and have yet to be flashed by anyone, the low beam line falls just short ot he rear window on most cars as long as I don't ride their butts. But, changes in the road itself effects that as well and that may have been what happened here. The cop just happened to look in his mirror about the time y'all went over a hump in the road or something and was blinded, but if he has been out there for any length of time at all he should have taken that into consideration. There was no need in what happened at all.

I honestly believe that that ticket would be an easy one to get out of. Maybe get the dealership to double check the alignment and if it is off have them write a letter to that affect and if they are correct, write a letter to that affect and then take it to the local county magistrate. I know in Va, it is sometimes possible to take care of smaller faulty equipment tickets that way if the magtistrate will contact the officer and let them know that you have taken steps to correct whatever it was he had a problem with and then just drop it.

^I am definitely getting something in writing from the Dealership shop when I go to pick my truck back up. Also I had to have my steering gear(s) and/or left control arm checked out when I realized I need visible overcorrection for the steering wheel to go straight. So I guess two birds, one stone, one shop visit.

^Not to be insulting but I honest to God believe that the only states that are Truck friendly are the deep Southern ones. Texas, Louisiana, Tennessee, Kentucky, Georgia, and Mississippi. No offense, as this is my own honest opinion, but I think every other state (especially Northern ones) could benefit from some Southern hospitality and manners.

I cannot for the life of me see why anyone would want to own a Raptor or other nice vehicle in Kalifornia, unless you have a bag of cash that you're willing to keep in reserve when the Republic of Kalifornia decides to crack down on you.

Get your headlights checked, bring in the report stating they were aimed perfectly, then tell the court you felt that the officers were harassing you

^Oh I'm checking the hours on the weekends for the Courthouse. Someone's getting a good piece of my mind in a very civil but dissatisfied manner.

yep you should have told the second officer you already got a warning and will take it in to be re checked. so the first cop pissed you off and the second one that gave you the ticket was your friend? or am I not understanding.

^Nah, I just called my friend (LEO) the next morning and told him what happened. The Warning & Citing Officers were prolly doing a circuit or something with each other.