WTF!!?? Is This True!!?? Ford to Ship Incomplete Builds.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CodeOrangeGen3

Reaction score
It seems everything Ford has been doing is purely reationary. They probabaly just look at all of the space on dealer lots compared to the available parking at their plant. They also get a lot of negative press when photos are shared of the massive lots full of trucks. I doubt they have a solid plan in place on how to distribute any of the late chips to dealers for install. Seeing how the current chips are being allocated confirms for me that they will not care what "place in line" anyone has. It will be a sheite show no matter what!

Keshka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the life of me I don't understand why Ford has not remedied this. I watch auctions each month for chip production equipment. It's not that expensive....especially for Ford. Ford could be tooled up and making any chip they like in less than a month.

Mike T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the solution to this is easy, if you can’t get a vehicle from Ford (or any other manufacturer having the same issues), just don’t buy it, plain and simple…. That’s the way supply and demand works. If demand drops off because of the issue, they’ll remedy (if they can) or not sell vehicles (which is what they do for a living). If you buy one knowing it’s short on parts, that’s on you, I wouldn’t do it and if I had one ordered it happened to, I’d cancel it, it’s not a damn necessity of life. We’ve had it good a long time, Right now there are people in Ukraine hunkered down in basements wondering if they and their kids will survive while theirs homes are being blown apart above their heads…. IMO this is small fukn potatoes…

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford could be tooled up and making any chip they like in less than a month.
I thought that building a "chip factory" was a wildly expensive, technically complicated, time consuming process? If it was just a matter of spending a billion and flipping a switch to get the chip backlog problem solved forever, their stockholders would already be screaming at them to do it.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
At least they’re moving forward w/ building & shipping vehicles. The stagnation was killing my biz- Ford is one of many auto manufacturers or OEM supplier we make metal for…I can tell
You firsthand they’re getting busier - sold around 1 millions lbs of Al ingot to Ford & one of their wheel suppliers today. Move in the right direction I say….who needs dual zone climate control anyhow? Lol

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
China may very well invade Taiwan, there probably won't be any available chips for at least two or three years at best. I wish this wasn't the case but it is what it is.

Everyone will have to make their own decision as to whether or not they can live that long with an incomplete vehicle .

Tm2525ai

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the life of me I don't understand why Ford has not remedied this. I watch auctions each month for chip production equipment. It's not that expensive....especially for Ford. Ford could be tooled up and making any chip they like in less than a month.
That's hilarious, it takes many $ billions and 5 to 10 years to build fabs and get them into full production!
Where exactly do you think this fab capacity exists today?
The answer is nowhere in the US!
The GF US fabs that were put back on line are doing mostly chips for the government.

Last edited:

Tm2525ai

Full Access Member
Reaction score