Ford premium maintenance plan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nltruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got my first raptor.. is this a crazy price for a maintenance plan? Are you guys doing oil changes yourself or just paying service by service at the dealer?

This is from flood ford. Coming from a GM and used to average services being 70-100$

IMG_2744.png

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I do dealer service only. An oil change at the dealer using recommend oil and filter is about $100. I get my oil changed every 5K.
The big shock will be when you need to do your shock service at 50K miles.

Maintenance plans are fear mongering. It's not worth it. Now, and extended warranty is worth every penny.

OP
OP
N

nltruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do dealer service only. An oil change at the dealer using recommend oil and filter is about $100. I get my oil changed every 5K.
The big shock will be when you need to do your shock service at 50K miles.

Maintenance plans are fear mongering. It's not worth it. Now, and extended warranty is worth every penny.
How much does shock service cost?

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How much does shock service cost?
Depending on what you do, anywhere from 1K+ to 5k+

Your options are:
1. Replace with new OEMs at 5k+
2. Rebuilt for about a 1k+ but be without your truck while it happens
3. Use rebuilt shocks as a core exchange but they would be from another truck for about the same cost
4. Replace with another manufacture but I don't know how that works with the active shocks so maybe someone can chime in.
5. Buy someone's take off as spares or parts for any of the above. I bought a pair of take off's with 100 miles on them for 2K.

Thankfully there is a shop here in Los Angeles that can do it same day but it's still about 1k+ for the service.

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think there is some flexibility in the "shock" service. My Gen 1 had 80k miles on it with the original shocks and they had only just developed a squeak if there was weight in the bed.

You replace your shocks when they are bad, you don't just preemptively replace $5k parts.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
I think there is some flexibility in the "shock" service. My Gen 1 had 80k miles on it with the original shocks and they had only just developed a squeak if there was weight in the bed.

You replace your shocks when they are bad, you don't just preemptively replace $5k parts.
The maintenance schedule is 10,000-50,000 miles. You rebuild them not replace them and the cost is about $650 last I checked. That being said my gen2 had 119,000 and was a sloppy beoch when I gave her up.