WTF!!?? Is This True!!?? Ford to Ship Incomplete Builds.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Then do what works for you. Imo if you have a order that has progress it’d be backwards thinking to cancel it just cause you’re impatient. If you want the truck which if you ordered it it obviously something you want then just wait. It sucks but the world isn’t what it was 10 years ago, you don’t like, I don’t like it, nobody likes it but we all have to DEAL with it.
I agree, if you want a new vehicle that bad, then this is the only course you can take. Hopefully we can get back to producing parts in just North America, I mean, that is why we all agreed on free trade, sort of.

Tm2525ai

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now what does dealer will install missing chips?

I think this is an inaccurate description.
The vehicles will have missing control modules, etc.

It's not like the dealer will install a RAM like chip into your truck and it magically comes to life.

There is actual missing hardware!!

I agree for a $85k (tt&t)....I want an fully functional vehicle as agreed to on my build sheet.

Wow... things we accept today that we never would have in the past.
Except some of those modules will be nothing more than socketed chips...

Tm2525ai

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, that's insane. I think that they should do what Ram did with their trucks. They just took certain options out of the build options. You can't get power deployable running boards right now from them. There are a few other options missing, but I'm not sure what they are. I noticed the running boards cause I want them.
I'd rather get the options whenever chips arrive

munch520

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd love to go this route and have the truck months sooner, provided that it's in writing that dealer will be installing whatever's left out once available, and at $0 labor.

Winchester30

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Last month, a friend of mine went to a couple different snowmobile dealers that had some incomplete floor models (missing factory parts) just so they had something to display.
If you purchased one, you still had to wait for parts. Apparently, this is the new normal.

GWBush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get what you are saying and agree with your statement, but the OCD in me, says to cancel the order and wait til FORD can build a complete vehicle and ship in a timely manner. This getting $50 off of a 80k USA or 110k Canadian truck is just plain insane for an incomplete vehicle. Another thing to ponder is: what are they going to do about warranty, does 98% of the warranty start on the build date and the other 2% start when the dealer installs your module(chip) a year later? I know people want their vehicles but maybe, just maybe Auto makers shouldn't be building them if they don't have parts. What's next, you buy a 6 speed transmission but only get to use 5 speeds for the 1st year? IDK, just venting a bit I guess.....
Yeah. Let’s trust the dealer to install them. What could go wrong? People will accept damn near anything these days.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I actually tried to order either a powerboost or lightning back in December. Gave up when I figured out I'll most likely be dead by the time it would arrive. I also determined I simply can't afford a clean Gen2, (I refuse to pay sales tax/reg fees on a $50K+ vehicle to kalifornistan) so I ended up with the "boat anchor" powered Gen 1. No regrets, the fat girls like it.