Is this gap normal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Question

Reaction score
Is this gap normal Or am I looking for a problem? This is the first ford or truck I’ve owned so idk if this is a normal thing to see, but there is a decent gap between the hood and fender. Less gap as it goes back.

Attachments

• IMG_9714.jpeg
    IMG_9714.jpeg
    110.3 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_9713.jpeg
    IMG_9713.jpeg
    114.2 KB · Views: 84

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's hard to tell from the picture if the gap is just wide, or if it's also uneven. If you have a good dealer, I would tell them to adjust it under warranty. When I got mine the left front corner of the hood was actually making metal on metal contact with the fender, and the front passenger door shut lines were REALLY wonky and uneven. My dealer contracts all their bodywork with an outside body shop that is pretty good. It looked great when I got it back.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah ford UAW workers are LOL at times especially when they are getting screwed over by the suits which they feel they are all the time. I had to adjust my hood on the wife's explorer. I think sometimes your quality inspector may have been 5 minutes late for his break or your truck was made on Friday.