WSI, RPG and ICON present: The SnoBall 500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
moving on....

Unfortunately the rack that Big Blue is thinking of is the complete opposite of the direction we were going. We were looking for the tire in the back of the bed and the front usable for the luggage since we will most likely have a 2 others in our pit crew.

I know Jimmy(WSI) can make anything our little hearts desire, but maybe not in time for the Snowball.

So.... Joe is still going to help with the designing if you need his engineering magnificence, but I think we may go with something like this for this run
DSC_2785.jpg
and bother WSI for our back bed under the tonneau rack before TRR. :893karatesmiley-thu Here is the link to some guy with a Taco that went this route.
Extra D-Ring mod - Tacoma World Forums
Should work well enough to keep the tire down.

Maybe something like this.
IMG_1231.jpg
IMG_1232.jpg
IMG_1233.jpg

I fabbed it up the week before SEMA so I could have it for the run home. I normally just drill mounts through the bed and ratchet strap the tire down. It worked really good, left tons of space for other stuff, holds two 5 gallon jugs and whatever else ya want in the middle. It sits under bedline and holds a 37 with no problems.

shooterAMG

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can I just throw my 2 cents in around storing a tire in the bed? Good!

I had my full size spare in the bed of my old Ram for years and it never moved, at least not that it mattered. Granted, I was not desert racing, but off roading, general driving and bouncing down trails it was fine. I may throw a strap over it just so if it does take a bounce, or I go over something that makes me think it bounced, it doesn't smash my BakFlip, but I really think it'll be fine.

I'm not trying to take away business from WSI or argue, just sharing my experience. Damn thing does take up a lot of space in the bed, but I'm not too worried. Like I said, it was back there for YEARS when I lost the original spare when the cable holding it snapped and I lost the spare driving somewhere. I pray it didn't drop in front of someone, especially an old fart or a motorcycle.

Can I also say that I'm leaving for Florida in 3 days and I'm thinking more about this trip than taking the family to Disney! I got SnoBalls on the brain. Which beats having them on your chin!

RaptorWifey

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
I think I'm confusing my front and back terms... back of the truck/front of the truck vs.. infront of you and back behind that. Don't laugh, women's brains are wonky like that. So yeah.... I meant a flatter version of this, so it fits under the Tonneau.
3245-spare-tire-mount-gas-can-holder.jpg

But your rack does look really awesome Jarrett!

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe something like this.
IMG_1231.jpg
IMG_1232.jpg
IMG_1233.jpg

I fabbed it up the week before SEMA so I could have it for the run home. I normally just drill mounts through the bed and ratchet strap the tire down. It worked really good, left tons of space for other stuff, holds two 5 gallon jugs and whatever else ya want in the middle. It sits under bedline and holds a 37 with no problems.

Holy Smokes!! That is almost my picture design in real time! That looks PERFECT and should work with any bed cover. Could you please measure the distance from the bulkhead to the closest high cross bar?....the Retrax canister comes out 14.5" from the bulkhead, so I need that clearance distance.

Jimmy ^

P.S. Based on the 1st pic RaptorWifey....There is still Plenty of room for luggage. I think this rack might be perfect for all bed cover trucks.

Last edited:

Allied Offroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm offroad as shit guys and ladies, some of you who know me, know that my "main business" is fabricating large holding tanks and mobile welding. I do the Raptor stuff to augment my business and because I LOVE offroading, no sweat if you don't want a rack. Even though I build the best!

You could always drill a 2" hole through the bed directly above the tire carrier and send the spare tire cable up through that, then tighten it back down the same way you would normally. Find a plastic grommet to plug in there when not in use, more free stuff from WSI!!!

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I think I'm confusing my front and back terms... back of the truck/front of the truck vs.. infront of you and back behind that. Don't laugh, women's brains are wonky like that. So yeah.... I meant a flatter version of this, so it fits under the Tonneau.
3245-spare-tire-mount-gas-can-holder.jpg

But your rack does look really awesome Jarrett!

Thanks Nicole

Just keep in mind these trucks like as much weight towards the rear as they can get. Helps with the weight balance. I'm actually thinking about stacking a dual battery set up in the center section, plate it off and make it nice and tight. But that will be for Corey to tweak and design, this was just my own little deal.

---------- Post added at 12:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

Holy Smokes!! That is almost my picture design in real time! That looks PERFECT and should work with any bed cover. Could you please measure the distance from the bulkhead to the closest high cross bar?....the Retrax canister comes out 14.5" from the bulkhead, so I need that clearance distance.

Jimmy ^

P.S. Based on the 1st pic RaptorWifey....There is still Plenty of room for luggage. I think this rack might be perfect for all bed cover trucks.

give me a few minutes.

shooterAMG

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm offroad as shit guys and ladies, some of you who know me, know that my "main business" is fabricating large holding tanks and mobile welding. I do the Raptor stuff to augment my business and because I LOVE offroading, no sweat if you don't want a rack. Even though I build the best!

You could always drill a 2" hole through the bed directly above the tire carrier and send the spare tire cable up through that, then tighten it back down the same way you would normally. Find a plastic grommet to plug in there when not in use, more free stuff from WSI!!!

I agree, Jimmy is da' man.

Some of you should buy two racks from him, in case that mobile welding/tank thing doesn't work out for him!