Wouldn't start & was throwing all types of fault codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
good for you in finding the source of the problem. electrical will drive you insane. do you leave the truck parked outside for extended periods of time?

MontanaSkiRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a mouse build a damn nest on top of my radiator in one night, little bastard even used some of the foam trim piece on top. Started leaving my hood open in the garage for awhile. Gotta watch out for those little ***** especially in the winter, they like that nice warm engine. I put mass traps and sticky traps out in the garage and got them!

Derrick

Reaction score
good for you in finding the source of the problem. electrical will drive you insane. do you leave the truck parked outside for extended periods of time?

I bought this truck used through a dealer that buys at auction. I believe this has happened whereever it was sitting as I found the bare wires corroded to the point that soldier would not stick to it. i would guess that as the wires corroded through time and vibration it got worse and each strand may have broken to it's last few connections. Could it have happen it the 16 months that I have owned it ? possible..

I park in front of my garage that is heated somewhat and I have one of those transmitters that send out a sound to keep critters away, people say they don't work but in the seven years of using it I have never had a critter issue in my garage. So i make sure it's plugged in at all times. Who knows.

Ciscokid

Reaction score
No Start

My 2014 17K miles started the same fault last week. Now it sits at the Dealers " we are trying to duplicate the symptom" !!? BS again..How about replace the ECM because I guarantee it's going to happen as soon as I drive it back home !..Any other intel on this BS ?..Thx, J

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My 2014 17K miles started the same fault last week. Now it sits at the Dealers " we are trying to duplicate the symptom"...

Send me a PM with your info, Ciscokid; I'll escalate this up the chain to your regional customer service manager (CSM). In your message, please include your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, mileage, and servicing dealership. Your CSM will work with you and your dealership to get this resolved.

Crystal

Ciscokid

Reaction score
No Start

Crystal, Thanks for the reply..The vehicle is still at Ford of Ventura 3440 E Main Street, Ventura CA 93303 PH. 888/218-8011

Service tag # 108135173.

My info: John Scherer 208/627-0010 cell

Vehicle: 2014 Raptor VIN # 1FTFW1R64EFA84074

Mileage 17,300

FYI I contacted Ford Customer Service..."I'm sorry, but the vehicle has only been at the dealership for 1 day. I cannot escalate your case until they find out what's wrong with the vehicle" !!!?? That's the problem lady !!..they can't duplicate the symptoms..therefore they cannot repair the defect !!!FORD.. Are you serious ?

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Crystal, Thanks for the reply...

Hi Ciscokid,

I escalated this to your regional customer service manager; I sent you your case information in a PM. I recommend editing your public post to remove your private information. Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help. :)

Crystal

Ciscokid

Reaction score
So my 2014 Raptor is back at the Dealership again..second time in a week. My local dealer Service Rep has been great..gave me a contact # at National Ford Customer Service..Contacted them an spoke to Rep who didn't give a crap about my problem....when asked how I would like to her to solve my problem..I replied " fix my truck or give me a new one" !..I requested a next level Rep..and was informed that she was "as far as I was going" !!!? WTF kind of Customer care is that !?..Thanks to this Forum..and Crystal..I was contacted by Toby..a National Manager...he put up with my aggravated rant...contacted the local Dealership, and is actively involved with resolution..Thx again Toby..The PCM is throwing a soft code B 10D9..a "Body module that also assists in the vehicle start function"...hopefully they will have this cleared and repaired today...I highly recommend this Forum and assistance from Crystal or anyone to escalate your case..if not for her..I would be contacting Legal Counsel, and my truck would be on Youtube, ready to send a message !

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So my 2014 Raptor is back at the Dealership again..second time in a week. My local dealer Service Rep has been great..gave me a contact # at National Ford Customer Service..Contacted them an spoke to Rep who didn't give a crap about my problem....when asked how I would like to her to solve my problem..I replied " fix my truck or give me a new one" !..I requested a next level Rep..and was informed that she was "as far as I was going" !!!? WTF kind of Customer care is that !?..Thanks to this Forum..and Crystal..I was contacted by Toby..a National Manager...he put up with my aggravated rant...contacted the local Dealership, and is actively involved with resolution..Thx again Toby..The PCM is throwing a soft code B 10D9..a "Body module that also assists in the vehicle start function"...hopefully they will have this cleared and repaired today...I highly recommend this Forum and assistance from Crystal or anyone to escalate your case..if not for her..I would be contacting Legal Counsel, and my truck would be on Youtube, ready to send a message !

Glad you were able to find someone willing to put their foot down.

freedommotorsports.us

Phone: 260-444-7503
Email: [email protected]

FreedomLogo.jpg

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
...I highly recommend this Forum and assistance from Crystal or anyone to escalate your case..if not for her..I would be contacting Legal Counsel, and my truck would be on Youtube, ready to send a message !

Awesome news, Ciscokid; it sounds like things are really heading in the right direction! Continue to keep us in the loop and give me a shout if there's anything else I can do. :)

Crystal