Wouldn't start & was throwing all types of fault codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DPfluger

Reaction score
So I stopped to get gas turned off truck, gassed up tried to start an nothing happened no click no sounds just on the cluster with the key in the on position it pops up high oil pressure, hill descent fault, high engine temp, start sequence failure, also something about object lodged behind passenger seat, service engine. So I turned the key off disconnected an reconnected the battery and it started up and drove with no problems ( about a 30min drive) arrived at destination turned off truck came back out after about 3hrs an the same shit happened and is still happening. It's a 2012 I'm the only owner, truck is stock only change is the mid perch adjustment. It has 34k miles on it and is used as kid hauler an back am forth to work. I'm taking it to the dealer tomorrow but I know their just going to feed me BS. So has anyone experienced this problem?
Truck hasn't been near water not even rain recently.

Thanks in advance

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would start by ruling out a weak battery.
My OEM battery took a crap six months old and I'm not the only one.

Other than that, you can carefully look at the three plugs going into the PCM on the passenger side firewall. Disconnect the battery first!!!!
Then you can go to the BCM behind the passenger side kick panel you can check the plug on wires there.

While you say it hasn't rained, moisture can get into everywhere now that it's starting to warm up.

Last edited:

6gun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting.....never heard of a "something lodged behind passenger seat" code before....but oh well.....with all the different lights and no start, I'm betting they do a computer swap.

blood

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
also check for moisture in the third brake light.

OP
OP
D

DPfluger

Reaction score
What dealer did to fix

They replaced the computer but still wouldn't start. Then they replaced the starter whitch was pointless an didn't help so the replaced the ignition and it's worked without fault for a few days now.

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Interesting.....never heard of a "something lodged behind passenger seat" code before....but oh well.....with all the different lights and no start, I'm betting they do a computer swap.

Believe that is the "dead cat" light. gotta watch those critters, they are sneaky.

:fuckyea:

Derrick

Reaction score
Just had the exact same thing same codes checked all fuses and computer connections.
onboard DTC said communication failure with computer. Disconnected battery thought maybe tune causing problem as i want to return back to stock so I can tow it in. Can't even do that. Anyone do an ignition switch? easy?

Derrick

Reaction score
Got a switch today $78 just in case. came home tried to start the truck and it fired up figures, but only ran for 10 seconds then stopped. Then it would not start again so replaced the ignition switch pretty simple maybe 20 minutes at the most. Tried to start the engine and no go. So i went back to the relay for the ECM and as i touched it it started to click off and on as I moved it. Checked the spade connection reinserted it and it did the same thing clicking clicking. I forced to one side then tried and it and started with no issues.
So not happy with leaving it at that I wanted to see what was causing the relay to click by just touching it so I decided to remove the top of the fuse panel and inspect the wiring going to the relay and that's were i found the problem. The small wire that turns on the relay for the ECm was bare and a two other wires but not from melting or chafing it was from a mouse. The ECM wire must have only been attached by a few strands, so I repaired the other two bare wires reassembled and no more clicking and starts no problem.

Attachments

• raptorwiring.jpg
    raptorwiring.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 74
Last edited: