Would You Sell Your Raptor

What would you do?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So my time in Germany is coming to an end next year and there is a 90% chance I'll be moving to a location where I won't drive the truck for a year guaranteed and possibly two years. The truck would stay with my parents and be registered in the greater Seattle area with minimal usage and miles during this time.

Currently pay $722 a month and have 11,500 miles, currently owe $45,200 at 1.94% so by the time I leave owed value would be around $37K. Estimating another 8500 miles before I leave Germany, truck value for Seattle is 49,650.

With that being said, would you sell your truck under the following condions

- One year paying an additonal $280 each month for the entire year and come back owing roughly $20K.

- Sell when I leave Germany, pocket 5-8k and save an additional $1300 a month from gas, note, insurance?

- Go for two years, keep the truck in Seattle and return with it paid off and $20K in the bank?

- Go for two years, sell the truck and come back with $50k in the bank and buy a 2017 Raptor?

Basically I'm asking if you could part with your truck for 2 years? I don't need to sell it, I don't want to sell it, I can afford the truck, gas, insurance, mods, maxed out IRA and additional money in savings every month. Plus who knows if the 2017 Raptor will even exist or be as awesome...

And no I'm not parting it out yet. :snoopfacepalm:

SonnyAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you can afford to keep it, and want to keep it...Keep it...They're super cool trucks and no telling what kind of crap will come out in the future when the politicians/attorneys get their hands further into the auto industry!!

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Damn your job is killing ya Mac! Keep it if you can. Is what I would do. And keep modding for future fun

EFTOBIAS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
like me, shoulda bought bitcoins a long long time ago, had the opportunity when they were like 15$ a bit coin and decided against it. nothing ventured nothing gained. ps: bit coins are worth almost 1000$ a pop. i would have 4mil cash if i didn't buy this truck. :(

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The last car I had that I absolutely loved I sold. Ended up working out because a two seater doesn't fit a child well but I vowed I would never sell the raptor for something lesser. A replacement, maybe.

SuperRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Two years of a vehicle not being used would be kind of useless IMO. Take the money and invest it.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sell it and buy another when you get back!!! Unless you can raise it off the suspension and prep it for setting. If it were me I would off it and get another later.