GEN 2 Would Fordprotect cover this headlight?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JC2458

Reaction score
I have no idea what is happening on this headlight but it appears to be spiderwebbing and speckling- the damage is extensive across the entire lens. Would fordprotect cover replacement? I dont think any external force or impact caused this. If not, what am I looking at out of pocket? Looks like at least $850 for the entire assembly plus $150-$200 in labor unless I do it myself.

Attachments

• IMG_4877.jpeg
    IMG_4877.jpeg
    251.1 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_4875.jpeg
    IMG_4875.jpeg
    257.1 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_4876.jpeg
    IMG_4876.jpeg
    253.3 KB · Views: 36

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no idea what is happening on this headlight but it appears to be spiderwebbing and speckling- the damage is extensive across the entire lens. Would fordprotect cover replacement? I dont think any external force or impact caused this. If not, what am I looking at out of pocket? Looks like at least $850 for the entire assembly plus $150-$200 in labor unless I do it myself.
It looks like external damage to me. I guess it is worth a try but wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t cover it.

OP
OP
JC2458

JC2458

Reaction score
It looks like external damage to me. I guess it is worth a try but wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t cover it.
I actually looked at it again and it is happening on both sides… I will try to get it covered under the ESP… If not, I might consider replacing both and maybe get some nicer aftermarket ones? Those Morimoto ones look really nice

FordTechOne

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually looked at it again and it is happening on both sides… I will try to get it covered under the ESP… If not, I might consider replacing both and maybe get some nicer aftermarket ones? Those Morimoto ones look really nice
Aftermarket ones don’t last. Better off trying to source a used/salvage pair.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Don't be so sure. The Morimoto lights seem better quality than the OEM.

well im on my 3rd set of the morimoto marker lights, but the set of 7 lights is $20 more than one OEM marker light that seems to fail at the same rate..

however, i bought them once, and theyve warrantied 2 sets for me..

not sure the quality is quite at the OEM levels, and I have no experience with their headlights but the warranty is much better than Fords..

even with the 12/12k Ford OEM parts warranty (that the dealer had replaced under bumper to bumper, they wouldnt cover the front ones that had water intrusion and stopped lighting up after about 7months ..

Hagasan41

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like your lights are peppered from normal highway driving. Hard to tell from your photos but the issues could be impact related or the crappy polycarbonate lenses. I’ve seen this on several different automotive brans. The crazing is either the lens material failing or in the clear coat. Heat and UV rays are significant factors that contribute to the degrading.

Once you get new lights it may be worth refinishing these by sanding the surface and re coating.

Anyone that’s had the lights out know where they’re made?