Without spending crazy money…

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As I understood it when I was truck shopping, if you want a Raptor equivalent, it’s cheaper to buy a Raptor. If you want something significantly better, it’s cheaper to start with an F150. Paying for expensive parts that you’re just going to scrap isn’t cost effective.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As I understood it when I was truck shopping, if you want a Raptor equivalent, it’s cheaper to buy a Raptor. If you want something significantly better, it’s cheaper to start with an F150. Paying for expensive parts that you’re just going to scrap isn’t cost effective.
Unfortunately I am getting to that point on a few fronts. And in my eyes I’m not very modified, either lol

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can you turn an f150 into a truck as capable as a Raptor? I see one around here with FORD grill, winch, etc, trying to do everything he can to make it look like a Raptor. Almost fools me every time at first glance. Guess you can upgrade suspension, etc, but isn’t our frame beefier? Among other things?
Yes, Raptor has a unique frame.

RubyDaCherry

Reaction score
You can absolutely take an F150 and make it as capable as a raptor or even more capable.

As with anything there are a lot of variable on price, but you can do it cheaper depending on a few things.

If I had it to do over again, I would consider going F150 opposed to buying a raptor. Not sure which direction I would go, but would definitely weigh the two.

Same, at the end of the day a Raptor is a glorified F-150. You could easily mod a regular F-150 to be as capable, if not more. Raptors look so goood though.