Wire colors for power door locks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FSM06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I apologize fellas, but things got a little busy today and I did not get a chance to investigate our wire location concern. Will try and post up tomorrow.

FSM

champcaracing

Reaction score
FSM06, i finally got around to installing my bi-direct system, and i was testing the gray/yellow wire per the ford instructions and it didn't act the way it said to on my dvm, so i stopped, system not installed, till i figure this out, any help would be great, also where can i find a list and pics of the connectors. since i'm not working at the dealer, and i have a short time before 12/7's start back up i want to get this in before it snows here!!!LMAO
thanks

OP
OP
L

lutt

Reaction score
FSM,
I was able to find the gray with yellow wire in a bundle above the driver's side kick panel. Can't seem to find the violet with gray wire though. There are two in that same bundle that both look like violet with white on them. Any thoughts?
Thanks,
lutt

OP
OP
L

lutt

Reaction score
FSM06, were you ever able to take a look at this wire location? Thanks in advance.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I spent hours looking for the wires in the wire troughs under the doors on both sides to no avail. I could not find the wires needed. The only place I could find them is in the hinge area of the doors and the wires are in accessible there.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the response but I found the right wires A wonderful Ford tech broke out his DVD Service manual and give me the answer just go back to my thread

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the response but I found the right wires A wonderful Ford tech broke out his DVD Service manual and give me the answer just go back to my thread

Well uh, how about posting that info here so I can see it? (I'm not "allowed" on the site you posted it on - hey, it's only the 2nd Raptor site I've been banned from :mrgreen: ).

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is from Doubleeasz @ FordRaptorForum

I have the Ford service manual DVD for 2010 F150. On the sheet with the solenoid motors in the front doors, there is a BU-GN (blue w/green stripe?) and GY-BN (gray w/brown stripe) coming from the motor. It shows a connector in the door and the BU-GN is pin 45 and the GY-BN is pin 44.

I did a screen capture of the sheet and you can provide me an email address or PM me with an email address and I can send you a PDF of it. I can also scan in the connector face so you can see the pin locations.

Also I found a thread where I guy tied into the rear doors on a 4 door so when hit the unlock twice on your key FOB it unlocks the tailgate.
I will find the thread and edit this post tonight or tommorow.