How To Wire Raptor AUX upfitter switches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Montana

Reaction score
this helped a lot! thank you!

I bought a light bar online and its telling me my amperage and wattage. gives me wattage of 711 and amperage of 17.1...the math doesn't make sense.

any ideas there? what numbers should I trust? math is telling me that I need a 50 amp fuse for a 52" LED light bar...unlikely.

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Assume the worst case that the battery will be partly drained when you hit the light bar, and the engine is off: 711 watts / 11.5v =61.8 amps. I like a little overhead on my relays, Viair 93980 is rated to 80amps and pretty budget friendly, fuse the line to 75 amps and your good to go.

711 watts seems like a lot for a light bar... Is it incandescent?

lorenzo_spag

Reaction score
Is the output voltage for each aux lifter 12 volts? So for example, on the 30 amp switch I can run a maximum of 12v*30a = 360Watts?
I am wiring a Christmas lights on my truck and want to use the uplifter switches. So my plan is for switch 2, wire in an inverter under the hood to convert my 12v aux switch output to 120v, then plug in there, from which I can draw a max of 360W. Sound legit?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is the output voltage for each aux lifter 12 volts? So for example, on the 30 amp switch I can run a maximum of 12v*30a = 360Watts?
I am wiring a Christmas lights on my truck and want to use the uplifter switches. So my plan is for switch 2, wire in an inverter under the hood to convert my 12v aux switch output to 120v, then plug in there, from which I can draw a max of 360W. Sound legit?
I believe the electrical law is 80% of rated amps so 12 x 24 = 288watts by your math. You could power a relay though and the world is your oyster and run an inline fuse.

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
So when ingot the truck #2 switch was the only one that lights up. So today i went to start wiring them up to use.

Well once i got underneath I noticed no wires are connected. So why is the #2 switch being lit up??

itsrichierich

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all, got an issue and hoping someone can help me. I recently installed Baja Design's 2 Squadron pro and 2 S2 Pro (one on each side) for fog lights. When I installed them, they turned on just fine, which made me think the install went fine.

The other day, I needed to use them for a night run with a group and they would not turn on. After an hour, they turned on. That entire trip, it would come on and off. I thought it was a connector but I went through everything and it's has good connection. However, I went to go check the AUX wires/pass through and the AUX 2 wire was hot. Is it a bad ground or too much amp?

On Baja Design's website, it says that the Squadron Pro are 2.9amp and the S2 Pro are 1.7amps. Am I missing something? Why would the wires be running super hot?

Kitt

Reaction score
(2012 Gen 1 Need Help)

This thread was great and I soldered everything up and... nada.

Noticed aux 4 switch didn't have a working orange-red so I swapped from brown to purple × tracer Aux 3 switch... OK, still lights no worky.

Soldered into the purple pass through, in to red led lead, out from led black lead to ground.

Fuses 28 and 44 both good.

my multimeter battery is dead so wondering if anyone has insights or can point out I did something dumb until I grab a fluke.

The no 'on 'light on aux 4 is something I want to get working no matter what.